Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Trouble installing Kerio Control Virtual Appliance (Incompatible disk )
  •  
lclark

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I have a couple of Control Appliances already working, one for over a year. One is on ESXI 5.1 and one is on ESXI 5.5 Now I am trying to do a test with the newest download of esxi 5.5 and I can't install using either the OVM or the vmx method. When I try to OVM I get and error saying that a user has cancelled the operation, which of course is bogus. When I do the vmx import I get an error saying that the disk type is not supported.
Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Here is the error I get at power on after the vmx registration.
Failed to start the virtual machine.
Module DiskEarly power on failed.
Cannot open the disk '/vmfs/volumes/53b43ed9-9d3dc5db-119b-001e671b0c59/FireWall/ kerio-control-appliance-8.3.2-2261-vmware.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.
Read beyond end of object

More Info I tried using the same vms on my working vsphere 5.1 environment and at power up it gave me this error. "a sparsevers2 backinginfo disk is found but the virual machine does not support the option."

[Updated on: Fri, 11 July 2014 00:49]

•  
lclark

Send a private message to this user
Ok I realize the vmx file is designed for use in other versions of vmware, so I ran it through vmware converter and it worked ok. But the OVM install should work and it isn't working for me. Has anyone else installed this to the ESXI 5.5 update driver rollup vers 2?
Previous Topic: VPN Client using non-transparent proxy
Next Topic: connection problem on android vpn client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:29:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00346 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.