Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mac Outlook 2011 and Kerio 8.2.3 do not work together
  •  
aceint

Send a private message to this user
Hi there!

I am in need of your help. I would be so grateful if you were to offer it.
I have a problem with my Kerio Connect mailserver (8.2.3) as it does not really work on my Macbook with Mac Outlook 2011.

I was trying to configure my Mac Outlook 2011 the automatic way via Kerio webmailer --> Integration with Mac --> configure Mac.
After downloading and executing the file, the installer claims to have configured everything (Mail, Outlook, Calendars etc.).

The astonishing thing is, that Apple Mail works just totally fine. My Kerio account is well configured just in there, while Outlook appears to be empty. Even though it has the Kerio account displayed in the options (with an orange point instead of a green one besides it), and it does not give me any error at all, it does not load any e-Mails / connect to the server.

After uninstalling the accounts and re-adding it (also re-adding it without configuring Apple Mail) the problem is still there.

Has someone faced this error before? Please help me out with this. Smile

Thank you very much in advance!

BR
Sebastian
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Please provide more details. Gather/check logs as described here:
http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=1053
Check also server log for failed login attempts.
and maybe screenshot of the account configuration.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
aceint

Hey!

It just says it can not connect to IMAP server in the logs. Password can not be the reason, because in Apple Mail it works out just fine. Sad

BR
Sebastian
  •  
b-tom

Double check your user access policies.
  •  
aceint

Hey,

Excuse me, what do you mean by user access policies?
Can I do that in the Kerio Connect Admin Console?

Thanks!
  •  
aceint

UPDATE: I just found out that inside the network, where our mailserver has its place, the MacBook's Outlook works just fine. Just at home, through the VPN connection, it refuses to work, while Apple Mail faces no problems in this situation.
So, this appears to be a VPN problem and obviously no Kerio problem. Further help is welcome, though! Smile

Thank you so much!
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

What about IMAP vs IMAPS (secured -> different port)?

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
jeebee

Did you activate filtering with an Address group on the IMAP / IMAPS?
Then pls check whether the VPN network is added to that group.
Previous Topic: OSX Upgrade 10.6.8 to 10.9.4 with Kerio Connect 8.3.1
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.3.1 "Old WebMail" mark as spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 03:42:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.