Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mavericks Mail and KCAA installation (Problems with setting up Kerio Connect account on Mavericks)
  •  
Soeren

Send a private message to this user

I am running Kerio Connect 8.3.1 (2843) on a Windows Server 2008 R2, x86_64. I have an user on a MacBook Air running 10.9.4. Suddenly one day the Mail.app stopped receiving new email messages from the server. He could still send out new messages. I tried to take the account offline/online. Restart Mail.app. Restart the entire computer, but nothing helped. Normally it help remedy the standard Mavericks Mail issues.

I then tried to Reindex his Mailbox on the server. No difference.

I then removed the Kerio account from his computer. Downloaded the Kerio Connect Account Assistant from our mail server. Authentication worked and the installation started, but it got stuck on the Configuration of Calendar & Reminders. After several unsuccessful attempts to complete the installation, I tried to download the installer with another browser, but still the same problem. I then ran the Repair Disk Permissions on the volume and restarted the computer to try again, but still the same.

When I tried to setup the account again manually directly from Mail.app all the messages (over 13k) showed up instantly in the inbox of Mail.app. (Thought they were deleted)

I have tried to setup the account on a similar MacBook Air with 10.9.4 and the same Kerio Connect account and it works fine there. Besides his webmail works fine and the same goes for the iPhone that is setup using ActiveSync.

So my questions are:

1. When you remove an account from Mail.app on Mac, is it then not normal that the associated mailbox folder in Library is deleted?
2. How come is it not possible for me to install the KCAA?
3. If it is a permission issue, which folders are the KCAA installer trying to access during installation?

Thanks in advance
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Question #1 should go to Apple.
The installer produces a debug log, look at ~/Library/Logs/kerio-connect-account-assistant.log file. It should help to diagnose what's wrong.
Previous Topic: User mailbox corrupts 1-2 times per week
Next Topic: urgent help needed after upgrade error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:48:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.