Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Folders (Public Folders)
  •  
carefree

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have a customer I am looking at migrating to Kerio from Scalix. They have a Public Folder that is round 250Gb. My question is with the Offline connector does it download all Public Folders?
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi Carefree, and welcome to the forums!

If the user has access rights to Public Folders, then yes it will download.

However, if you have a single folder at 250Gb it may be unusable - you need to break it into sub-folders. We recommend no more than 10,000 items per folder.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I should mention that Kerio Outlook Connector downloads only email headers for emails in public folder by default (to speed up sychronization and reduce size of local database). It can be configured later in Kerio Outlook Connector to download whole messages.
  •  
carefree

Hi Neil,
Yes they are in subfolders per month and year so thats not a problem.
Pavel, That is awesome news I was testing and only looked like it did the headers but wanted to make sure. Where is the setting so I can look at this?

Cheers
Johnny
  •  
  •  
carefree

Thats exactly what I needed. Cheers

One other thing I am having problems using the import tool on this one user with all the folders. I get the following error

[2014-07-17 17:30:29][3912] In engine\MigratorThread.cpp:530 (kerio::migration::MigratorThread::createFolderSubtree): Creating folder Shared Folders ... created
[2014-07-17 17:30:29][3912] In engine\MigratorThread.cpp:530 (kerio::migration::MigratorThread::createFolderSubtree): Creating folder Shared Folders/jobs ... created
[2014-07-17 17:30:29][3912] In engine\MigratorThread.cpp:466 (kerio::migration::MigratorThread::migrateUser): Folder tree created.
[2014-07-17 17:30:29][3912] In engine\MigratorThread.cpp:610 (kerio::migration::MigratorThread::migrateFolder): Skiping non-selectable folder 'Shared Folders'
[2014-07-17 17:30:29][3912] In engine\MigratorThread.cpp:630 (kerio::migration::MigratorThread::migrateFolder): Unable to select source folder "Shared Folders/jobs", skipping this folder
[2014-07-17 17:30:29][3912] In engine\MigratorThread.cpp:631 (kerio::migration::MigratorThread::migrateFolder): Last source IMAP error response: K2 NO System I/O error
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

The last error message "System I/O error" comes from source server that we don't know anything about. Try to examine logs of the server you migrate from.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: File Upload in Kerio Connect Client Fails
Next Topic: Outlook KOFF Send/Receive Status x%, slow with many e-mail addresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 03:31:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.