Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Software Phone Encryption Issues
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
Hey Everybody,

I'm trying to use a software phone with encryption and I have a couple of issues.

1.) The Certificate verification. It seems to be failing on my cert. I have the intermediate cert appended but it seems to fail registration unless I turn off verification in the softphone client.

2.) The only client I can turn off verification in is Zoiper and while I get to successfully register when encrypted, every call I make to the client gives me an error about unsupported codec. It seems to me all the codecs are supported under both the client and server.

What am I doing wrong?

•  
fishtech

Not sure if this will help but...

I am using the Kerio Operator Softphone app.

I can turn off verification under Operator app > Settings > Advanced > TLS Cert Management

If I unregister my account I can also go Account Advanced > Encrypt audio > Always.

So, it appears I can have encrypted audio without using TLS certification.

This may help with your testing.

Cheers,

ft.

•  
88fingerslukee

thanks but I'm not using the Kerio-branded app. I'm trying Windows-based applications.

Maybe Zoiper just isn't supported, but it seems odd that it wouldn't be. I'm guessing I'm going to have to do some packet sniffing?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I was able to make a call after disabling certificate verification and configuring an account with "TLS transport" and "TLS with SDES SRTP".

Filip

Previous Topic: Problem with call forwarding to a mobile
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.3.1 patch 1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:38:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.