Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problem with KWF 6.0.3
  •  
gdoes

Send a private message to this user
I installed KWF 6.0.3 and it works, but within a short time frame the server got a message that I was running out of virtual memory. When I checked task manager, I noticed that the memory was using over 1Gb of memory.

I rebooted the server and within 30 minutes the same problem happened again. So I decided to uninstall and return back to KWF 6.0.2 and the problem didn't come back.

Is there a BUG with KWF 6.0.3?

-Glenn
  •  
wiper

obviously there is a bug.... what process did take that mem, winroute process? it seems to b working 4 me tho! Kerio process is stable... u got alot of computers inside ur network??

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 09:54]

•  
germanr

I had the same problem. The memmory use increased until the virtual memory finished. I had a tough night yesterday. Tried to installed previous version on top, but the installer refuses to install an older version over a newer one.
The only way I could solve it was to backup the .cfg files , uninstall winroute and made a clean install of 6.03. (page 251 of the user manual pdf)
After that I imported the configuration files and everything is working with the new version
I am running KFW 6.03 on a W2k Server with 512Mb RAM

Sorry, but after several hours, the same problem apears again.!!!
6.03 has some serious problem.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 16:00]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
gdoes

When you first install 6.0.3 it seems to work. However after a while, it just runs out of virtual memory. I do use the VPN extensively, so not sure if it is only related to the VPN part. However when I return back to 6.0.2 (returning to an older version is indeed tricky), everything works smoothly.

A friend of mine with a different company had the same experience when he tried 6.0.3...so I know it is not just a single incident. 6.0.3 has a PROBLEM!

-Glenn
  •  
germanr

I don't use VPN and it has the problem, so it doesn't have to do with it.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
gdoes

It would be nice to hear from Kerio regarding this...

-Glenn
  •  
FRiC

I haven't had any problems with 6.0.3 since installing it about 20 hours ago. The winroute process uses about 32 MB of RAM as it always had. This is on Windows 2000 Pro with 256 MB.

6.0.2 though keep crashing for me. I would walk away and come back and see a "report this crash to kerio" window is on the desktop...
Previous Topic: Winroute vs Dynamic Routing !
Next Topic: Duplicate or empty ID
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:44:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.