Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Wireless phones for Operator
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Anybody have any experience with a good wireless SIP phone? I am looking for either a handset that plugs into a base that connects via ethernet and 2.4Ghz to the handset. Or an 802.11g handset that works with SIP. Provisioning with Operator would be nice, but not required.

Thanks!
  •  
ICT and Me

I don't know wifi handsets like dect phone.
But know WiFi deskphone, that can be provisioned by operator.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

We have allocated older iPhones, without cell contracts, with Operator softphone app installed, as cordless phones. These work great for individuals who are mobile around the plant.

hth,

ft.
  •  
nhoague

Well this is going to be in a company and they need to carry wireless phones with them. Using their mobiles isn't a solution in this case.

I am experimenting with a Cisco SPA122 and wireless phones. I think DECT is the right solution, but need to test it first.

Just curious if you anyone has tried that.
  •  
ICT and Me

I have installed DECT before.
Based on Siemens Gigasets in combination with Aastra RFP-32 IP DECT.
It worked perfect. The RFP-32 can create cluster of transmitters.
I know the RFP-35 is the replacement of the 32.
Both models are indoor. Aastra RFP-36 is outdoor.
Of course Aastra have also DECT handsets.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2014 18:28]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
fishtech

We were originally looking at Snom m9r VoIP DECT phones, since all our desktop phones are Snom.

However, DECT has restrictions in range from base station, the number of repeaters that can be used, and the numbers of phones that can talk to each base station.

That is why we chose to go with iPhone & Operator app over WiFi. The iPhones are used simply as 802.11g handsets that work with SIP.

Regards,

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2014 22:03]

•  
88fingerslukee

I currently use snom m9 and m9r phones. They seem to be pretty good as far as I'm concerned. We are not power users by any means and we only have 3 currently working. They work well for us.

If you have any specific questions about them, feel free to private message me or ask here and I'll try to answer as best I can.
  •  
ESP Projects

We have had great success with the Yealink SIP-W52 model, for anyone who is interested:

http://www.yealink-phones.com/yealink-sip-w52-ip-dect-phone/
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The Yealink W52P can be auto-provisioned from Operator.

I tested a wifi SIP phone called Well ST100 last year but the firmware had some bugs.
  •  
nhoague

Thanks for the tip ESP and Vlad. I purchased a W52P and it works GREAT! Now lets see if the customer will buy 70 of them. Smile
  •  
wschild

Anyone have luck with Panasonic SIP cordless? We find Panasonic much more durable with better battery life, keypads and screens than Yealink. However, I don't see an auto provisioning profile in Operator.
  •  
ESP Projects

Each base station can support up to 5 phones and you can buy the handset separately. Not sure if the phones can be set to roam between base stations though.
  •  
ORM

We supply clients with Snom M9 handsets.

This is mainly because the Yealink offering was not originally available but I may give these a try next time
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I can confirm we have not auto-provisioning support for Panasonic phones so far.
germanr

Hi Vladimir,

Concerning the Panasonic wireless phones. Do they work (without auto-provisioning)?. I was looking at this model: Panasonic KX-TGP500. It seems better quality than the Yealink wireless. (the handheld seems low quality )
best regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.4.0 RC 1
Next Topic: Salesforce integration login
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 04:14:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01206 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.