Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook not displaying attachments (Outlook not displaying attachments)
  •  
lelandbay

Send a private message to this user
I have about 5 users that when they receive emails from users on the server that Outlook (2007 or 2013) doesn't display the attachment. If the users looks at their webmail it shows the attachment and everything is fine. If the user forwards the email, the attachment shows in the compose window and is able to open it from there.

If I right click on the email, go to junk -> never block email from this sender, the attachments then sometimes show up, but never with the paperclip showing there's an attachment.

I've repaired the inbox, uninstalled office, created a different mail profile and it still happens. This has been happening over different version of the Kerio Connector and Kerio Connect.

Any ideas? I'm thinking Outlook is blocking these attachments, but I don't see where it is.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

So this may or may not be related, but it is for sure similar.

Running latest version of Kerio, with outlook connector.
User is running outlook 2013.

Email is being sent from supplier to us via automated system, with an attached PDF. It goes through a spam filter, then to Kerio, and is delievered to the user.

User using outlook, reviews email and the attachment isn't visible. However the email file size designates that it is 128kb, vs 4-5k for the text that is actually in the email.

Open up Kerio webmail, and view same email the attachment is displayed.

I went back into outlook, and forwarded this email as attachment to myself and still no attachment. What is really weird is the email that was forwarded to me came over as only 12kb, and then I checked the original email went down to 5kb (really strange). Still no attachment.

I have checked everything, and this doesn't make sense.

Please advise,
Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager - Anderson Process

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
j.a.duke

Trent,

Does Outlook have an indicator for attachments?

I was seeing the same issue in Apple Mail with 9.0.4. Attachments weren't visible in Mail, but worked perfectly fine in Connect Client (aka webmail).

Problem was fixed in 9.0.4p1.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Yes and this email doesn't show an attachment, or even a message that it blocked an attachment. Weird stuff..

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Think Fixed

This sounds like a caching issue to me, or it could be that Outlook is not set to download the whole message. When you open the account settings, and go into the Kerio Outlook Connector settings there is a Maintenance tab that allows you to clear the cache. Also, right-clicking the user's name on the left sidebar in Outlook will give you to the option to load the whole message.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: SPAM button gone on 9.0.4p1 webmail
Next Topic: Thunderbird/Lightning - CalDav URL not working after upgrade to 9.0.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 14:49:20 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00960 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.