Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mozilla Thunderbird - invalid username/password?
  •  
IainC

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm having problems getting Mozilla Thunderbird to connect to Kerio Connect.

Kerio Connect v8.2.4 connected to Active Directory for user accounts, Thunderbird v24.6.0.

Here's the settings I've used:

Incoming:
Type: IMAP
Host: mail.mydomain.com
Port: 993
SSL: SSL/TLS
Authentication: Encrypted Password

Outgoing:
Type: SMTP
Host: mail.mydomain.com
Port: 465
SSL: SSL/TLS
Authentication: Encrypted Password

Thunderbird is happy with the above settings when running the test, but throws up an invalid username/password error when you try to add the account. I've looked through the server logs and can't see anything obvious - almost like it isn't trying to authenticate. I've also tried standard IMAP and SMTP (No SSL) on the standard ports with both encrypted password and plain-text password but exactly the same issue. (Username an password are correct, logs into Kerio Connect Client no problem.)

I've checked User Access Policies, and my user has access to all protocols from any location.

Has anyone else had any luck getting this to work?

Cheers.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2014 15:56]

•  
IainC

Weird, can't see this post in the forum, only under "View own posts".
  •  
jeebee

Hello,
did you use the debug option in kerio Connect?
Pls debug User Authentication (Auxiliary Modules) and/or IMAP server
When nothing comes out check I guess it's a firewall...
Regards
Previous Topic: Contacts Problem in public folder after update to version 8.3
Next Topic: Password Policy Inner Workings? (solved)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:44:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.