Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » NetBios exposed on OSX client running Connect
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Quote:
For security and privacy reasons, NetBIOS services should not be made available from the public Internet. They can be used to gain information about your computers, and can also be used by malicious actors to perform denial of service attacks. To resolve this issue please ensure that the firewall is enabled on your router, and that you are blocking inbound and outbound traffic on the affected ports (135/udp through 139/udp and 445/udp for Microsoft Windows; see details below for additional ports that may need to be blocked).
Regards,
ISP Internet Services Security Center

Incident details for XXX.XX.XX.XXX

Port: 137/udp
Machine name: MACMINI-0E8CD9

Hi,

I received the above notification from my ISP.

I am running Connect 8.3.0 on Mac OSX client 10.7.3.

I have been running for 3 or 4 years without this issue. Did installing 8.3.0 open up NetBios?

Please advise.

Thanks,

ft.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No, it did not. It is not related to Kerio Connect.
Disable file sharing on your OS X.
  •  
fishtech

OSX file sharing is not active on the box.

The only service active in System Preferences > Sharing is Remote Management (for Apple Remote Desktop).

ft.
Previous Topic: Full Text Search lagging behind???
Next Topic: Problem (bug) in ical delegation (mac osx 10.8.5)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 11:26:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00868 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.