Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unable to delete category
  •  
b-tom

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I am using Mac Outlook 14.4.3 with Exchange. For a long time I am trying to delete an old category name called My Contacts on my private account. This category seems to be from old Pre- Apple iSync workflow. When I remove the category from the preference settings it comes back a couple of seconds later. I've search for that category term within Outlook however I am unable to find it. It's no longer attached to any vCard contacts. When I create a new Outlook identity the category comes back as soon as synchronization is complete. I've tested this on 2 Macs.

What else can do to get rid of the old category name?

Thanks for your help.
  •  
b-tom

Addition to my previous post: The category name „My Contacts" is no longer used on any client like Apple Contacts. However it still shows up in Mac Outlook.

Any ideas?
  •  
b-tom

Does Kerio Connect synchronize categories to the server?
  •  
b-tom

the issue is not just with one system but across multiple systems.
  •  
b-tom

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Categories are saved only as a contact property, so if the contact with custom category is deleted, it shouldn't be synchronized again from the server to Outlook. But the category can be assigned to other item type (calendar event, task, etc), so try to search also there.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: KOFF Issue
Next Topic: Kerio Upgrade
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 18:10:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.