Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Username change
  •  
Aeonium

Send a private message to this user
Hey all,

Seems I only ever end up here when I have a problem!

I was wondering how easy it is to change the username format people are using while preserving their existing mail history etc.

The reason for this is presently the users are all pulled in from OpenDirectory with the username format of firstname.lastname - an OpenDirectory server we no longer want to use... instead we'd like to use our existing AD infrastructure for authenticating users, the problem being that the AD username format is firstnamelastname...

How easy would it be to accomplish this?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Peter,

Its pretty straight forward to swap from OD to AD you just have to plan everything out to minimize down time for your users really.

Basically the steps I advise people to follow are:

1. Run a Kerio backup, it doesn't hurt to have a fallback plan that can save your bacon.
2. Delete the users in the Kerio WebAdmin, but select the option to keep the users mailbox.
3. Configure Kerio to speak to AD and test it make sure the connection is successful.
4. Add the users in from AD and the important bit is to not let the users login to their email accounts just yet.
5. Then navigate to the store folder, mail and then the domain folder and rename the users folders to match their new usernames that have been imported in via AD.

Then when the users login with their new details all their email history and folder structure will still be in place. The only thing the users need to know is that they will need to do the following:

1. Reset any share or delegate permissions to other users as all of the users usernames will be different.
2. They will need to re-do their email connections on desktops/laptops and mobile devices.
3. They will not be able to amend old calendar events as the owner of the event will be the old username that does not exist any more.

Anyway I hope you find the above helpful
Vicky

BTW... I think you will find many people come here when they have a problem Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2014 12:59]

•  
Aeonium

Thanks,

I had a feeling it'd be something like this, nice to have confirmation that had I of tried it without a response I probably would of been fine after all!

•  
Vicky

Hi Peter,

No problem, sometimes it is worth asking others just to put your mind at ease knowing you are doing the correct process. Anyway, good luck and don't forget you can always contact tech support should you need any help.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Upgrading Kerio Connect 8.2.2(2224) to 8.3.1(2843), "A higher version of Kerio Connect exists"
Next Topic: Firefox 31 not supported
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 10:19:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.