Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving domains / mailboxes from one kreio server to another kerio server
  •  
Mark_und_Pfennig

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have two kerio mail servers running. Both contain domains and users. I want to merge them to one server.

How could I move the domains / mailboxes from server A to server B without overwriting already existing mailboxes / users in server B?

Greetings

Stefan
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

To consolidate the 2 domains (Say, DomainA and DomainB) into 1 server (eg, ServerB), please do the following:

- Export the users in DomainA;
- Run a full Backup in DomainA;
- Create Domain A in ServerB;
- Import users from DomainA to ServerB;
- Restore DomainA's backup to ServerB using -d (Domain only, http://kb.kerio.com/1142)

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
Bud Durland

Just for clarity -- this will create 2 separate domains on the the single kerio server?
  •  
Mark_und_Pfennig

Hello,

I did the steps exactly as described:

1. Create the domain on server B
2. Do a fullbackup and a user-export on domain on server A
3. Import user in domain on server B
4. Do a restore on server B with kmsrecover -d mydomainname.de c:\KerioBAK\C20140808T095919Z.zip

Result:
All data is on the server B but passwords of the user are not transfered. A user cannot log in with his old password. If I set a new one all is fine.

What have I do to transfer passwords?

Greetings

Stefan
  •  
Vicky

Hi Stefan,

You cannot transfer users passwords with out trying to merge data to and from configuration files directly. I would recommend giving the users new passwords as merging the 2 config files leaves room for error whereas resetting passwords for users is quicker and the users could reset their password in WebMail to their old if they wanted it.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
Mark_und_Pfennig

Hello,

but if I need to move the password:
Is it enough to move the line <variable name="Password"> for each user from the user.cfg-file?

Greetings

Stefan
  •  
Vicky

Hi Stefan,

Yes you would need to copy over the password field. If you chose to do that then you will need to bring the live server server down as you cannot edit the users.cfg file while the server is live. The other thing you have to make sure of is that you are copying the correct password into the right user to the right domain.

If you do go down this route make sure you have copies of the config files before you edit them in case anything goes wrong.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Windows Phone 8? Windows 8
Next Topic: Totally stumped - please help - can't receive mail from outside
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 00:01:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.