Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Local caching - Kerio Outlook Connector
  •  
dominsar

Send a private message to this user
Using Kerio Outlook Connector is unbearably slow, since it doesn't have local caching, even over the local network. I've resorted to using Oracle Outlook Connector because of this, but it isn't the most elegant solution (Oracle Connector has other issues, and doesn't support the full Kerio feature set).

Please resolve this in the next update.
  •  
jonbrain

I could'nt agree more. It is just about useable on a normal ethernet connection but via wireless is is absolute agony.

Tell me more about the Oracle Connector, what problems do you have using this?
  •  
dominsar

Oracle Connector allows you to connect to any IMAP4 server, besides Oracle Calendar for groupware functions. This means it's generic, so it doesn't support:

- server side rules
- spam learning
- shared folders
- tasks, calendar, etc. - these functions appear in Outlook, but they don't work with Kerio Mailserver - you need an Oracle Calendar server.

Besides this, Oracle connector doesn't allow for multiple SMTP accounts - so everything you send goes out by the configured account, despite what you tell Outlook to do. KOC behaves correctly in this regard.

I have these problems with KOC:
- You CAN'T permanently hide the spam toolbar (it always comes back when restarting Outlook) - minor annoyance
- It is slow as hell because of no local-caching, even over fast-ethernet. I have thousands of emails.
- You can only have one KOC account per profile. This seems to be an Outlook limitation, but it sure is frustrating, given Outlook's poor native IMAP support. I manage four different email accounts, and it's quite a pain. Perhaps Kerio could provide a workaround?

I been playing around with Mozilla Thunderbird, and although its IMAP support is very good, it doesn't have two Outlook features I use a lot:
- search folders
- follow up flags
Previous Topic: Webmail 6 testing feedback
Next Topic: DNS blacklist lookup optimization
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:58:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.