Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Android phone unable to open attachments (Android 4.4.2 with Exchange connection to Kerio Connect can't open attachments)
  •  
derek_500

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We are running Kerio Connect 8.3.1 and have an Android phone at OS 4.4.2, connecting via exchange style setup, and it won't let us preview any email attachments. I've tried several different types of attachments, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pdf and none will preview. I've tried deleting and re-adding the account, making sure attachments download on wifi is set, the basics.

I'm not sure where else to start. Googling "Android 4.4.2 won't open attachments" brings up many android support forums of some folks with similar sounding problems, some who say that it works fine. Based pom

What kinds of things can we try to do? We are 98% iOS on mobile devices here and none of them have problems with attachments until you get over a certain size... (a few MB it seems). My time with the android device can be limited. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks
-Derek

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2014 22:26]

•  
Vicky

Send a private message to this user
Hi Derek,

I have seen some of the built in email clients on the Android devices be bit rubbish. You could try another such as 'Touchdown' or 'Moxier Mail' both of these apps do cost money however they do have free trials that you can test to see if this fixes the issue for you.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
Previous Topic: access kerio mail server
Next Topic: Windows Phone 8? Windows 8
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 09:28:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00841 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.