Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration using KIMT (Migration using KIMT)
  •  
Cali

Send a private message to this user
Hi! i would like to know if I start using kerio but I need to migrate all email from another server, is it possible to start using kerio and run the KIMT later? Or it will delete all the messages that are already on the kerio server?

I mean it is possible to install kerio, point mx records, and run the tool let's say 1 month later, emails using KIMT will be merged with the new ones, that is correct?
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hello Cali,

The IMAP migration tool will not overwrite or remove existing data in the destination Kerio Connect mailbox. Therefore, you may run the migration tool on active Kerio Connect mailboxes, and the data will be merged. It is recommended to direct users and new email to the destination Kerio Connect server, so that users will not be changing data on the source IMAP server either during, or after the migration process.

For further info I recommend you to ready the following Kerio KB article:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/export-and-migration/kerio-imap-migration-tool-1468.html

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Cali

OK! Thanks for the quick reply! another question....... PPC support have been removed from version 8.3.1 of the KIMT, is it possible to use an older version of the tool in a newer version of the server? Or it would fail?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

KIMT requires Connect newer then 6.5.2. So the answer is yes, you can use KIMT 8.3 against any newer Connect server.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Cali

So i can use KIMT 7.1 and kerio connect server 8.1.3?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Yes, you can.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Totally stumped - please help - can't receive mail from outside
Next Topic: Migration from one server to another
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:35:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00697 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.