Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SPA112 - Not able to dial out
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Send a private message to this user
I have connected a Cisco/Linksys SPA112 to our Kerio Operator, which seemed to provision fine, but have had issues dialing out.

First it was giving me a busy signal before the fax machine it was connected to could dial out, but fixed that by adding the P10 before the dialplan.

Now it seems however, that as soon as the fax starts dialing, it immediately gives me a busy signal straight after dialling the first number.

Dial plan issue? Not recognising the tone properly? Any ideas?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I would bet either on a dialplan issue or some kind of a timeout.

Can you dial the whole number manually after picking up a handset by pushing the keys one by one? Try to do it either using the fax machine or with any other analogue phone.

If you can dial it, then dialplan is not an issue. It is possible that the spa112 gives up waiting for further digits. Increase some of the spa timers, you can start with the inter-digit timer.

Best
Filip
  •  
Michael Ruffin

There was a timeout which originally stopped us from dialling anything, however I extended that.

We can now "pickup" the line using the off-hook dial function on the fax, which gives us a dial tone, but as soon as we dial one digit, we get the "busy" signal from the SPA112.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

That sounds like an invalid dialplan.
  •  
lucio3

I have the same problem with SPA112 !!

I try also with anormal phone connected to SPA112 and all works !!

The fax machine WAIT 5 seconds to compose and i think this is the problem
I NEED TO INCREASE THE DIALING TIME
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Try to increase the inter-digit timer in Operator or a timer called T1 in the administration interface of the SPA112.
  •  
lucio3

i have changed inter-digit time out in phone provisioning settings and this worked only for normal phones not for fax.
then i also changed the T1 options from 0.5 to 1 in the spa112 but does'nt work with fax

after composing the first or the second digit operator responds inmmediatly with busy tone .

i also spoke to marino about the problem
  •  
Michael Ruffin

I think we fixed this on our Cisco SPA112. I'm not at work at the moment, but I believe there's a P<number> setting you can put into the dialplan, which works as some sort of pause before timing out and giving you a busy signal.
  •  
lucio3

please Filip , could you give me this P code ?
actually my dial plan string is : [0-9*#].

could you give me the correct dial plan ?
thanks
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

after a factory reset of an Cisco SPA122 unit, it allowed me to dial a number within 10 seconds. After that a reorder tone was played.

I solved the issue by increasing the dial tone time.

The default dial tone is:
350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2)

By adding one line to a template override I was able to increase the time to 60 seconds.
<Dial_Tone>350@-19,440@-19;60(*/0/1+2)</Dial_Tone>

After saving the override, I powered the SPA unit off and on again and waited a several minutes. Now, when I pickup the line, I have 60 seconds to dial a number. Smile

Filip

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2014 10:03]

•  
lucio3

this does not work !!!

it work with a normal analog phone but not with the fax machine that compose the number automatically .

please help me or this is the first and the last operator i sell !

Please speak with Marino
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Are you aware that it is not a problem of Operator, but instead an issue of the Cisco SPA device you use?

Unfortunately, I don't have an SPA112, only SPA122, so I can't check if they differ. But the above change affected not just the SPA122, but also other desktop phones so I believe it should work with SPA112 as well.

What version of the fw do you use? Can you check in the web administration of the SPA112 that the dial tone has been updated and contains 60 seconds?
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Quote:
please Filip , could you give me this P code ?
actually my dial plan string is : [0-9*#].

I believe this dial plan may be your problem.

I think our SPA112 had the same dialplan, and it would give us a dialtone when first picking up the line, but as soon as you dialled one digit, it would then revert to a busy signal.

There was a site online that I found that had a dialplan for Australia, and with a little coaxing it may work for your country as well.

I'll post our dialplan here tomorrow when I get to work, you may get lucky with that...

And yes I agree with Filip. This isn't a Kerio Operator issue, more of a dial plan issue with the Cisco SPA112.
  •  
lucio3

Model: SPA112, 2 FXS
Hardware Version: 1.0.0
Boot Version: 1.2.0 (Jun 12 2012 - 11:08:06)
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015) Dec 13 2013
Recovery Firmware: 1.2.0 (001)

yes the dial tone contains 60 seconds.

i think the problem could be the dial plan
could you suggest me one that works ?
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

First of all, one has to figure out which issue they are actually facing.

I know about three potential problems.
1. The SPA device doesn't wait enough time before the phone starts to dial numbers. Usually fax machines do this, they wait several seconds until the analogue line becomes stable.
=> Dial timeout (can be fixed by my today's post)

2. The SPA device doesn't allow you to dial certain digits
=> Invalid dialplan
Operator should generate the dialplan correctly. It is possible that the device didn't process it. I suggest to factory reset it and wait until it provisions. The SPA devices take several minutes to provision (even 10-15 minutes).

3. The Phone doesn't dial quickly enough, the SPA dials a partial number.
=> Inter-digit timeout
Can be changed in Operator

Previous Topic: Snom 870 & Provisioning Template Overrides
Next Topic: SPA3102 Call ID forward
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jan 23 15:43:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01574 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.