Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Upgrade
  •  
Kr15_UK

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I do have a question.
We are currently running Kerio Connect 8.3.0 and I see that upgrade has been released (8.3.2) which addresses loads of the issues what have been causing loads of headaches to everyone in our company therefore our Finance team decided to not to extend Kerio support and made us (IT team) to look into the alternative solution.
I'm just wondering if there is possibility to upgrade our exited Kerio server so we can try to prove that Kerio isn't as bad?
Just don't want to kill it completely, you know.
Thanks.

Regards,
Kr15_UK
  •  
Vicky

Hi Kris,

What do you mean by upgrade our exited Kerio Server? Do you mean your existing server running 8.3.0? If you want to upgrade your machine running 8.3.0 to 8.3.2 then yes you can upgrade that as long as your software maintenance is still valid and in date.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Kr15_UK

Hi Vicky,

Sorry, spellchecker, I ment existing.

That's the point - software maintenance have expired and finance director refuses to spend any more money on Kerio because of it's issues we are having.
And finally checking release notes seems to be there is some of the painful issues fixed.
So I was wondering if I can upgrade to prove that Kerio in general isn't as bad as it is now on 8.3.0

Regards,
Kr15_UK
  •  
Vicky

Hi Kris,

If the software maintenance is expired then you cannot upgrade. If you do upgrade with an expired licence then Kerio will stop working.

You can do one of two things:

1- Install 8.3.2 on a test machine that hasn't had Kerio on it before as you can then use a 30 day trial licence.
2- Call Kerio sales and see if they can give you a prolonged trial licence that you can use on you existing server. However when the trial expires then Kerio will stop working.

I hope this gives you some options.
Vicky
Previous Topic: Unable to delete category
Next Topic: Limit The number of emails sent by user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 03:44:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.