Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect 8.3.2 Issue: Inconsistent synchronization. The device has sent the invalid SyncKey
  •  
Thunderbyte

Send a private message to this user
I have recently updated to V8.3.2 (the most recent one) and have seen several off those:
Quote:
Inconsistent synchronization. The device has sent the invalid SyncKey

for Mail Inbox and sub-folders as well as Contacts. One user reports, that phone numbers of contacts (but not the contact itself) are missing.

Does anyone on 8.3.2 have this issue as well?

•  
Vicky

Hi Alexander,

I haven't seen anyone else report this issue so far but I have seen the error about 'Invalid SyncKey' before. The way to correct this is to do the following:

1. Remove the account from the ActiveSync device, if the user has more than one device with the ActiveSync account configured you will need to remove the ActiveSync account from all devices for the user.

2. Go to the users section in Kerio Connect Web Admin, right click on the user, go to 'More Actions' and select 'Mobile Devices'.

3. Remove the users devices from there (You may want to check in the users folder in the store directory that the '#sync' has been removed and if it hasn't stop Kerio Connect and delete the '#sync' folder for the user)

Once you have done all the steps above you can then re-configure the ActiveSync devices and this should stop the error message. That error message is one that we do see from time to time and all it means is that the device and server have come out of sync with the last SyncKey used.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
Thunderbyte

Dear Vicky,

thanks for the reply. I will try that with the problematic account. I would have done that myself already, but my real problem is: I have asked him to check, if in Connect's web interface the contact information (possibly about 20-30 contacts missing) was still there. But it wasn't. That is my real problem. So, I would need to pull that data out of the backup possibly.

Are there any possibilities to restore contacts for one user out of a Full Backup of all accounts? I can also open a ticket if necessary.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Alexander,

Yes you can restore a single folder of a user, check out this kb article:

http://kb.kerio.com/1141

Just be aware that you cannot restore sub folders just root folders and if the root folder has sub folders those will be restored as well. If you feel that you need a little more help with restoring just open a support ticket up with us and we can help you out.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Thunderbyte

Dear Vicky,

thanks a lot! After a more thorough investigation of the problem my user encountered, we have uncovered several issues on his side (Outlook not set up correctly - as IMAP instead of MAPI, Android smartphone stopped syncing automatically in February due to a possible Android problem). So I think Kerio Connect or the update are not to be blamed, especially as I have not heard of problems from other users. I will try to do a restore of the Contacts folder from before 15.08. (the day of the update), to see if that helps.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Alexander,

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck Smile

Vicky
  •  
jcooper

I'm getting this too since 8.3.2, at least in iOS (including mine). Remove my devices, now they will not connect to the server, though the messages no longer appear.

When they did, message was:

08/Sep/2014 06:45:41] ActiveSync: Inconsistent synchronization. The device has sent the invalid SyncKey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DeviceId: Applxxxxxxxxxxxx, User: jcooper<_at_>kingarch.com, Collection: , F

(xxx's are because I'm not sure what it's unsafe to advertize).

Running on Mac 10.9.4.

Thanks,

Jeff
Previous Topic: Exclude internal domain users from Auto Responder
Next Topic: Keep getting "The device has sent the invalid SyncKey" from Android phone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 18:36:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.