Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CardDAV Urls (Need confirmation of CardDAV Urls.)
  •  
robertflavia

Send a private message to this user
Please could you confirm that the carddav urls (from http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/mobi le-devices/manual-configuration-of-caldav-and-carddav-accoun ts-1327.html) are correct

For your own contacts: HTTP(S)://mail.domain.com/carddav
For shared contacts: HTTP(S)://mail.domain.com/carddav/users/domain/user-name
For public contacts: HTTP(S)://mail.domain.com/carddav/users/domain/.public

Using wget and curl I get these replies

ERROR 404: Not Found.

What should be the reply when entering the Urls in a browser?

Kind regards

Robert

•  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

Last time I tested these in and CalDAV client they worked fine. I don't think you will get a response through a web browser though. Normally you need to enter these URL's into a client such as iCal.

What are you trying to achieve?

All the best,
Vicky
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
robertflavia

Thanks for the reply Vicky.

I am trying to use CardDAV on my Android Phone. Exchange Active Sync works but no luck with CardDAV.
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

CalDAV doesn't work natively on Android phones however there are some cheap apps in the google play store that work (I use them on my Nexus):

CalDAV-Sync
CardDAV-Sync

They are done by a developer called 'Marten Gajda' and they cost £1.69 each but I use the calendar one on my Nexus and it works fine syncing to our Connect server here in house.

Give that app a try and I think you will find that you can then use CalDAV on your Android.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
robertflavia

Yes, it is with CardDAV that I have problems.
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

Ah ok, well try the apps above and I think you will find that it will work. I think that there is a free version of the carddav app for people to test with. Have a look in the Google Play store.

All the best,
vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
robertflavia

Cool will do. Could also be our reverse proxy server that needs attention ... will let you know Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2014 11:38]

•  
robertflavia

Hallo Vicky,

in the Kerio log I can see the connection from the Android phone. But CardDAV does not show the contacts. Could you please have a look at the log extract and see if you can spot something I am doing wrong ?

[18/Aug/2014 12:26:05][8558] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/users/flavia-it.de/user.name received from remote host='x.y.z.w', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'
[18/Aug/2014 12:26:06][8558] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/users/flavia-it.de/user.name received from remote host='x.y.z.w', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'
18/Aug/2014 12:26:06][8558] {webdav} PropertyRequestReader: found property "current-user-principal" from namespace "DAV:"
[18/Aug/2014 12:26:06][8558] {webdav} (B)PROPFIND: User user.name@flavia-it.de is listing properties of principal: user.name<_at_>flavia-it.de
[18/Aug/2014 12:26:06][9764] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/users/flavia-it.de/user.name/ received from remote host='x.y.z.w', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'
[18/Aug/2014 12:27:25][9764] {webdav} PropertyRequestReader: found property "current-user-principal" from namespace "DAV:"
[18/Aug/2014 12:27:25][9764] {webdav} (B)PROPFIND: User user.name@flavia-it.de is listing properties of principal: user.name<_at_>flavia-it.de
[18/Aug/2014 12:27:26][9822] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/users/flavia-it.de/user.name/ received from remote host='x.y.z.w', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'

Kind regards

Robert
  •  
robertflavia

Hello Kerio,

any feedback ?

Regards

Robert
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

I have to install the carddav app on my nexus to troubleshoot it. I just need to remember my google password.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

I was able to download the free version and I was able to get this to work for my personal contacts with the URL:

http://mail.domain.com/carddav

What URL did you use?

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
robertflavia

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your help.

I tried these 2 Urls:

http://mail.domain.com/carddav

and

https://mail.domain.com/carddav

(I replaced mail.domain.com with out company's domain)

This is the debug log:

(this seems important: [19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1404] {webdav} Cannot parse uri: /carddav/)

[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1086] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/users/mail.domain.com/firstname.surname/ received from remote host='10.0.2.7', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1086] {webdav} PropertyRequestReader: found property "addressbook-home-set" from namespace "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:carddav"
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1086] {webdav} (B)PROPFIND: User firstname.surname@mail.domain.com is listing properties of principal: firstname.surname<_at_>mail.domain.com
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1404] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/ received from remote host='10.0.2.7', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1404] {webdav} Cannot parse uri: /carddav/
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1401] {webdav} PROPFIND /carddav/ received from remote host='10.0.2.7', user-agent='CardDAV-Sync (Android) (like iOS/5.0.1 (9A405) dataaccessd/1.0) gzip'
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1401] {webdav} PropertyRequestReader: found property "displayname" from namespace "DAV:"
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1401] {webdav} PropertyRequestReader: found property "resourcetype" from namespace "DAV:"
[19/Aug/2014 16:20:53][1401] {webdav} (B)PROPFIND: User firstname.surname@mail.domain.com is listing properties of principal: firstname.surname<_at_>mail.domain.com

Any ideas ?

Regards

Robert
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

That to me just seems like the Android client querying the contacts. Apart from the line 'Cannot parse uri: /carddav/'.

Which flavor of Android are you running 4.4?

Vicky

Vicky Tripp
  •  
robertflavia

Android version 4.4.2
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Robert,

Ok that is only a couple of versions behind mine. I have connected it to a Kerio Connect 8.3.2 machine. What version of Kerio Connect are you also running?

Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Previous Topic: Make default signature / footer visible in client while typing email
Next Topic: Error Log shows ActiveSync problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jan 18 08:58:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02638 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.