Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Support for Unifi Phones
  •  
manuel

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Please add the Unifi Phones to Kerio Operator for auto provisioning

i can't post the link.
www. ubnt .com

www.ubnt .com/enterprise/#unifi-voip

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2014 14:45]

•  
wschild

Any one have luch with Unifi phones on Kerio Operator?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Manuel,

I would recommend that you get this listed as a feature request:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/providing-feedbac k-for-kerio-products-1643.html

This way other users can vote for it. As the developers look there to see what customers are asking for and the more votes you get the higher the demand is on the developers to get the feature added.

I hope this helps a little,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
matthealey

Although most of the time Kerio ignores it, and does what they want anyway. Razz

(Case in point, look at the top 3 requests for Kerio Connect, look at how many votes they have, and then look at how long ago they were posted.)
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

@Matt, we released Kerio Connect 9 today. It adds "Multiple relay SMTP servers" which is the 4th top requested feature. It also adds "Server side rules for mail forwarding" which is the 5th top requested feature. We certainly listen to the Uservoice system. Note that we typically remove requests shortly after they have been implemented, so this list will contain only unimplemented features.
Regarding Ubiquity, I found only one vote in the Uservoice system for Kerio Operator. If you are looking for a feature rich phone at a good price, I advise you to look into the Grandstream GXV3275.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
macinteract

We are also interested if the new Ubiquity UVP handsets will work with KERIO Operator - would be great if any one can shed some light which features are supported and which are not supported, the obvious ones are auto provisioning and addressbook sharing - ideally this should really come via KERIO Connect.

Btw. it looks as if the link to the KERIO Operator suggestion page is broken.
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

The link to the suggestion page will only work if you are logged in to Kerio Operator as an administrator.

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/providing-feedbac k-for-kerio-products-1643.html

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

some good news, we have one of the Unifi phones here in the office. It looks quite nice and works fine with Operator if configured manually.

I can't give you any promises regarding provisioning, but as far as I know, it should be in the plan.

Best,
Filip
  •  
macinteract

Filip,

Thanks for your feedback - yes these are amazing units really.

Maybe you could also give us some advice regarding the following two questions we have:

1. can we somehow link the UVP's addressbook to the KERIO Operator / Connect link, i.e. we want to see the contacts from KERIO Connect on the UVP.

2. do you have any suggestions regarding a reception switchboard setup, we are thinking we could use the larger UVP's screen to have a app from the google play store running as switchboard or possibly a webapp... we are not sure if something like that exists though for KERIO Operator?

Looking forward to your reply.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I was trying to find the LDAP address book configuration in the UVP menus just now, to configure it in a similar way we do it for auto-provisioned phones ( http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/phone-provisionin g/accessing-company-contacts-through-ldap-on-provisioned-pho nes-1490.html).

I have not found the right place so far. But since this is an Android phone, perhaps some LDAP contacts sync app should help.

As to the switchboard, we are now working on improving the Operator web client interface, so that it works better for tasks like this. Better use of the screen area, better look & feel, easy call transfer, etc. I expect the interface to appear in Operator 2.5.

Vladimir
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

... and I should have mentioned you could use the Kerio Connect Sync app as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kerio.conn ect.sync&hl=en
  •  
macinteract

Vlad,

Completely forgot about KERIO Connect Sync - works brilliantly... thanks for the tip.

Btw. the link to the LDAP integration would be rather useful as well though, as we have been investigating how to best sync contacts between KERIO Connect and a Filemaker Database... unless you have any other suggestions?
  •  
kbohannon

Good to hear! We want to start using UniFi phones as well. Just having their images as an example is a good selling point for our VoIP service!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 February 2016 01:23]

•  
88fingerslukee

Any more on this topic? These phones look great but also look like a huge pain to set up. Auto-provisioning would be awesome.
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Auto-provisioning support for Unify phones will come in Operator 2.5.
Previous Topic: Call Forwarding only from PSTN and not for internal calls
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.5.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 18:51:01 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.