Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error restoring backup
  •  
r1sh

Send a private message to this user
Good day!

I've made backup of Kerio 7.1.1 and trying to restore it on another server.

I get this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\MailServer>kmsrecover.exe "D:\backup"
Running kmsrecover will modify the Kerio Connect store directory.
You should use it only if your store directory has been damaged.
Current data will be DELETED and recovered from the backup,
all changes since the last backup will be lost.
Are you sure you want to continue (yes/no): yes
Recovery started at 2014-08-20 13:37:04
Invalid path or directory 'D:\MailServer\store\'!
Error occurred during recovery process (code 11).
  •  
mbingham

What command string are you using?
  •  
r1sh

kmsrecover.exe "D:\backup"

what does "code 11" mean?

[Updated on: Wed, 20 August 2014 12:46]

•  
mbingham

I think it means the path on the new server doesn't match the path you're attempting to use in the backup config file.

use the -s switch

kmsrecover -s "path to new mailstore location" "D:\backup"
  •  
Vicky

Hi Grigoriy,

Code 11 means that it 'cannot open the directory'. So I believe there is a permissions issue with the destination location. You may want to check the location you are pointing Kerio to restore to and that the pathway exists and if it does make sure you have permission to write to it.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
r1sh

I gave full access to user Everyone to this folder...the problem is still exists..
  •  
r1sh

Damn, the problem was that in table "Directories" variable StoreDir was "D:\MailServer\Store\" but it should be like "D:\MailServer\Store" without last slash
  •  
Vicky

Hi Grigoriy,

Something as little as a trailing '\' can cause issues. Good to see you spotted it.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
r1sh

yeap, right, I even didn't mention it))

As I already posted topic, I just wonder, if there any way to get access to someone's mailbox than making it shared? It's really a problem to reset user's password in AD, login as this user, mark Inbox as shared folder and so on.

Is there any way to make it easier?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Grigoriy,

There is not another way within Kerio to get access to a users mailbox. You either have to know the users password or they share out their folder to you. if you want there to be an easier way to achieve this then please list a feature request via the 'Suggest Idea' button in the WebAdmin.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
r1sh

Hi, Vicky!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it)

Could you please help me with one more thing...

I has Kerio 7.1.1 server1. It went down and I had to install new server2 with Kerio 8.3.1

After that I copied cfg files and mailboxes from server1 to server2 but I had many different problems, such as differed UIDs, one domain worked only in old-style interface, some users who use Microsoft Outlook saw that all their letters became new and Outlook started to recieve all 7000 letters...
After that I made full backup of server1, installed server3 with Kerio 7.1.1 and restored backup with kmsrecover.

What should I do next:

1.Copy latest letters from server2 to server3 and AFTER that upgrade from 7.1.1 to 8.3.1
2.Upgrade server3 from 7.1.1 to 8.3.1 and AFTER that copy latest letters from server2

•  
Vicky

Hi Grigoriy,

What I would suggest is to get all the data onto server 3 first and then upgrade server 3 to the latest version. However the only extra thing I would suggest you do before upgrading is just have Kerio run a backup just in case anything goes wrong.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
r1sh

A I uderstanding correctly what should I do:

1.Restore backup from server2 (old Kerio 7.1.1) to server3 (new Kerio 7.1.1)
2.Copy new letters from server1 (new Kerio 8.3.1) to server3
3.Upgrade server3 from Kerio 7.1.1 to Kerio 8.3.1

Right?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Grigoriy,

Exactly, that's the way I would recommend that you do it. Just make sure you take a Kerio backup before you upgrade to 8.3.2 just in case anything goes wrong.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect / Evolution / Carddav
Next Topic: Can't sync Kerio with Gmail?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 21:57:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.