Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating to a new machine? Need to re-setup client? (Migrating to a new machine? Need to re-setup client?)
  •  
Andrew T

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I have a question on migrating to a new machine.
Basically I have an install that I want to move to a better machine.
Do I need to update the client after the move have taken place? reconnect them or something like that? Client is Exhchange on android and the Kerio Desktop Client.

Thanks in advance
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Andrew,

What I normally suggest to customers is do the following:

- Backup the original server before the move
- Install the same version of Kerio Connect on the new server that is running on the old server
- Restore the config and mail store onto the new machine and make sure all the data is accessible and functioning
- Then upgrade Kerio to the latest version

Depending on what version you are migrating from will depend on if you need to do any intermediate upgrades. What version are you moving from?

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Andrew T

Hi Vicky I am going from 8.3.0 RC 1 (2554) to 8.3.1 Build 2.8.4.3.
So if both version is the same. I do not need to do re-connect the clients to the server right. (What I mean by reconnect is creating a new profile and re-downloading all mails)?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 September 2014 18:54]

•  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

Hello,

I recommend you to update to the version 8.3.2 (build 3100).
You dont need to recreate profiles nor redownload data.
KOFF update will be performed automatically after server update.
Previous Topic: Calendar showing invites to really old events
Next Topic: Inviting into shared calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Feb 23 17:31:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00930 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.