Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Snom 870 & Provisioning Template Overrides
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am using override template to push out some specific settings to my Snom 870 phones with latest firmware, 8.7.3.25.5

I use Kerio Connect for DHCP, pushing out my Operator server (port 66) as the tftp server.

If I erase a phone, then reboot the phone, it is provisioned correctly with the expected settings from my Operator server.

However from then on it ignores the Operator server if it is restarted. I can make changes to the settings in the templates, but they are not implemented when I restart the phone.

In Advanced Settings > Update > Setting URL the phone shows the value http://provisioning.snom.com/snom870/snom870.php?mac={mac}

Should this be tftp://operator.mycompany.com ?

Thanks,

ft.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I have been dealing with this behaviour for quite some time and to be honest, I don't know what is going on. My phone also asks at provisioning.snom.com for configuration, but because the url is blocked in our network, after two minutes it falls back to Operator's url and fetches the correct configuration. If you configure your phones with the built-in DNS server in Operator, it will block provisioning.snom.com and the phones will provision. So, at least there is a workaround.

It seems to me that we should discuss the matter on snom forums instead to better understand their intentions.

Filip
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

For info, I was previously provisioning successfully using the 'early method', ie. manipulating files in /opt/kerio/operator/firmware.

This problem only started for me when I recently started using the template overrides.

Under the 'early method' I did not have this problem. I would manually set the value in Advanced Settings > Update > Setting URL
on first boot of the phones and it would stick for ever.

Since starting to use the template overrides, the value in the value in Advanced Settings > Update > Setting URL
does not stick.

Quote:
If you configure your phones with the built-in DNS server in Operator, it will block provisioning.snom.com and the phones will provision.

Do you mean the DHCP server in Operator? If so, unfortunately we have fairly complex DHCP setup with reserved addresses, VPN allocations, etc, so his would not work for us.

We are using the DHCP server in control and pushing out a value for option 66.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

From my experience it started happening with the recent snom firmwares.

fishtech wrote on Fri, 22 August 2014 14:45

Do you mean the DHCP server in Operator?

No, I ment the built-in DNS server in Operator. Configure your Control's DHCP server to provide the phones (only) a different DNS server - use the IP address of Operator.
  •  
fishtech

Quote:

From my experience it started happening with the recent snom firmwares.

You are correct. In my first post I entered the wrong firmware version. I should have written I was using 8.7.5.9 BETA.

I have downgraded to 8.7.3.25.5 and it's good again.

ft.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 August 2014 21:28]

Previous Topic: Dialling rules for external number
Next Topic: SPA112 - Not able to dial out
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 04:50:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00963 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.