Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » After server migration all letters are marked as new
  •  
r1sh

Messages: 91
Karma: -3
Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I've moved from 7.1.1 to 8.3.1

Some user's clients Mozilla THunderbird or Outlook mark all old letters as new and start to upload them from the server.

When 4000 letters are marked as new by mail client and start uploading, it becomes a disaster

Why???

[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2014 08:22]

  •  
Bud Durland

Messages: 387
Karma: 42
Send a private message to this user
Was this simply and in-place upgrade, or did you migrate to a different server? If you migrated, how did you accomplish it? When the user logs into WebMail, do all the messages show as new or unread? If not, you may have a problem with cached data on the client PC. The OutLook users can empty the Kerio Outlook Connector cache. I forget the exact option in Thunderbird for this function (or you can remove the account and re-create it)
  •  
r1sh

Messages: 91
Karma: -3
Send a private message to this user
Bud Durland wrote on Wed, 27 August 2014 19:46
Was this simply and in-place upgrade, or did you migrate to a different server? If you migrated, how did you accomplish it? When the user logs into WebMail, do all the messages show as new or unread? If not, you may have a problem with cached data on the client PC. The OutLook users can empty the Kerio Outlook Connector cache. I forget the exact option in Thunderbird for this function (or you can remove the account and re-create it)


1. it was migration to a different server. Server1 had kerio 7.1.1 server2 has kerio 8.3.1
2.What do you mean accomplish?
3.When user logs into WebMail he see all messages as read.
  •  
Bud Durland

Messages: 387
Karma: 42
Send a private message to this user
If you migrated from one physical server to another, how did you move the mail store? If the messages show a 'read' in the web client, then the problem is on the PC's using Outlook or Thunderbird. Clearing the local message cache as previously discussed should clear the problem.
  •  
r1sh

Messages: 91
Karma: -3
Send a private message to this user
Yes, we migrated from one physical server to another

I've made full backup on first server and restored it on another

After that I've copied all changed files for last 1-2 days from old server to new and mailserver.cfg and users.cfg



Right now I have 10 users with such problems, all their old letters are marked as new.

What should I do?
  •  
Bud Durland

Messages: 387
Karma: 42
Send a private message to this user
It sounds like you did not use the Kerio recommended migration process (as described here). So, some status information was likely lost. If re-indexing the user's mail account in the administration web page, and re-building the local message cache does not fix the problem, I'd recommend telling the users to right-click on the folders, select "mark all as read", and move on to other things.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) crash
Next Topic: KIMT Error
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 16:51:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.