Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » NEED FOR SPEED in KMS 6
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone talked with Kerio about speed concerns in KMS6? I know there have been a lot of complaints here on the forum, but has anyone talked to Kerio about future plans to resolve this? All my users are complaining and wanting to go back to 5.x.x simply because of the speed. They love all the new features, but not over the speed. I keep trying to calm them down and tell them that Kerio is working on it, BUT I DON'T KNOW THAT FOR SURE????

Do any of you know?

Thanks,
BP

•  
jonbrain

I know 6.01 they have worked on increasing the speed of webmail. The main one for me is the Outlook Connector, this in theory shouldn't be to hard to fix as all they need to do is add a local cache. I'm really hoping this feature will be added soon.
  •  
jledbett

This would also solve the problem of not being able to use the KOC for clients that are mobile. While not attached to the network you CANNOT open your Outlook. Something I think needs to be addressed, yes you can use the web interface, but if you are completely disconnected, you should be able to retrieve mail and contacts. IMAP works toa certain extent, but you are still missing the groupware features then. Hope Kerio improves this.

James
  •  
jonbrain

The director of my company came complaining to me today, as he can no longer read and prepare emails on the train. An offline mode is essential.

I would also really like a comment of Kerio whether this will be implented soon, otherwise looks like we will have to forget our OS X server and move back to a Windows server running Exchange. Not a nice thought.
  •  
bperkins

I have faith that Kerio will address all these issues. I just wish I would hear from them what the future plans for KMS 6 are and a timetable for them. The speed in the KOC and Webmail is all I'm asking for. Otherwise, as much as I would hate to, I will start looking for alternatives.

For example, I have a Gig network connection directly to my mailserver (dual 2.8 Xeon, 4gig ram) and it takes about 5-10 seconds to load a message going from one message to the next. This is with about 20 webmail users logged in at the same time and about 20 other IMAP/KOC connections. This should not be a BIG load for this machine.

Just thought I would share these numbers...........

Previous Topic: Changing Domains
Next Topic: Kerio 6.02 ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 02:58:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.