Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio's DHCP
  •  
knist

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I'm testing the Kerio Control in my company and I have a doubt. I have another DHCP server on the network (Linux) and that server needs to answer some requests. I could do this server ignore requests from stations we wanted. Is there any way to do this in the Kerio's DHCP?

Thanks!
  •  
luizfernando

Hello

Did not quite understand what you want but you have 2 options

1 - If you want only the Linux server to function as a DHCP server, just uncheck the option LAN in Kerio - Configuration - DHCP Server

2 - If you want the Kerio skip some stations only, you can use MAC Filter - Settings - Security Settings - Enable Mac Filter.
  •  
knist

I use a remote boot server in my network. This is the code to do what I want on a linux server, dhcph.conf:

class "DRBL-Client" {
if match
(substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient") or
(substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "Etherboot") or
(substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 10) = "DRBLClient");
}
deny members of "DRBL-Client"

I wonder if the same is possible in the Kerio's DHCP.
This works on a Linux DHCP server, but would like to use what comes in Kerio.

Thanks!
  •  
luizfernando

Sorry, I didnt see this Options in Kerio - DHCP Server - LAN - Add.

I dont think will work this way. The only option near of you want is the option to set TFPT server (66). Even then you will need to create some rules to permit or deny this protocol.

Try to open a ticket at kerio support. Maybe they have some other way to do this.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2014 18:45]

Previous Topic: Filter Log Entries
Next Topic: IPS rules update check failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jul 24 04:38:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.