Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Renaming domain and calendar events
  •  
allgraphicsit

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a Kerio Connect server where we needed to change the domain but couldn't face not being able to alter calendar events after the change. So far all I have done is added an alias, users have then just changed their email address in their clients and in the reply address for webmail.

It sort of works but I think we are experiencing strangeness with meeting invites because of it.

I would like to change the domain properly then alias the original domain. So I am looking to find a way to still be able to change calendar events. From what I can work out it is where people have been invited and the users is now no longer the owner.

I have played around with a test server and have found that after a domain change if I go into each users store and do a text find and replace on olddomain.com with newdomain.com on all the calendar eml files it appears to work.

I am thinking I will do this on the real server, there will be thousands of calendar files to change, anyone foresee any problems with this approach?

Thanks,

David
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

I think I have recommended a reseller to do the same but I didn't hear back from them.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
allgraphicsit

Well, I took the plunge and did this.

It seems have worked. No complaints yet!

Ta,

David
Previous Topic: Sent items not going into Sent Items folder
Next Topic: Unable to synchronize a message!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Feb 23 12:44:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07869 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.