Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Issue when deploying the new 8.3.4 version in XenServer (Problem when trying to boot Control 8.3.4 under XenServer 5.6 or 6.2)
  •  
Reinaldo

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy the new version 8.3.4 in XenServer 5.6 or 6.2.
Using Import OVF file to create the VM in XenServer.
Seeing an error when booting the imported machine. See picture attached.
I have to mention that this is not happening when using 8.2 version.

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Reinaldo

[Updated on: Wed, 27 August 2014 18:44]

•  
Reinaldo

Anybody from Kerio is out there to help? This is happening with 3 end customers.
We have gone through this in the past and it was solved.
I'm sure somebody has the knowledge to explain the problem and suggest the solution.
Thanks in advance.
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

Based on the Tech Spec, Kerio Control does not officially support XenServer:
http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-control

Maybe you can try Vmware ESXi instead.

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
Reinaldo

Thank you for telling me that.
Regards,
RF
  •  
Reinaldo

Does anybody out there know how to solve this issue?
I'm trying to import OVF/VMDK Kerio Control into XenServer.
Your help will be really appreciated.
RF
  •  
allegiancetech

Did you even find a resolution? I am currently evaluating Kerio Control, also trying to install it on a XenServer. Installing from ISO gives an error that no hard drives could be found for install. Importing OVF/VMDK Kerio Control gives me the same error you posted about UUID.
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

I did a search internally and unfortunately I get the same answer, that xenserver is not a support platform.

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
allegiancetech

That's really unfortunate. I am going to submit a feature request in hopes that others will to in order to address this. Unless there is some major design complication with XenServer that I am unaware of, I would hope this can be addressed. It is too common a platform to be excluded.
Previous Topic: How to assign a native/ default VLAN ID to a Kerio Control Box port
Next Topic: Multiple Internet Link - Failover
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Feb 23 17:31:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00896 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.