Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2007 / KOF : High CPU - Memory consumption (Searching an email will lead to high CPU and memory consumption (KoffBackend.exe 100% CPU Time + 900Mo RAM))
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm going mad Evil or Very Mad
Outllook becomes unresponsive (for minutes) each time I do a search.
I've followed this Kb ( http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/keri o-outlook-connector/optimizing-performance-with-kerio-outloo k-connector-offline-204.html ) but nothing really change.

KoffBackend is taking all CPU of one of my I7 Core (25% on a quad Core CPU) and eating up to 900Mb of memory...

•  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

There are other recommendation for optimal KOFF performance:

Maximum number of messages in the whole mailbox should not exceed 20000, including all subfolders
No subfolders in Inbox, move them to the root level
Maximum number of messages in Inbox should not exceed 5000
Check number of Calendar events, hundreds are fine, thousands are not
Delete messages from Sent items regularily or move them to a different folder if you want to keep them.
Moving/Deletion of messages only in batches of max 200 messages
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

Hello Vladimir,

Maximum number of messages in the whole mailbox should not exceed 20000, including all subfolders : 22500 for my mail box (95000 for my boss : 15 years old mails)

No subfolders in Inbox, move them to the root level : 20 in my case. A lot more for my coworkers

Maximum number of messages in Inbox should not exceed 5000 : a few hundreds. They are usually moved into Mailbox subfolders

Check number of Calendar events, hundreds are fine, thousands are not : hundreds

Delete messages from Sent items regularily or move them to a different folder if you want to keep them. : all sent items are still their

Moving/Deletion of messages only in batches of max 200 messages : ok

I'm really surprised about the maximum number of messages in the whole mailbox : 20 000 items seems to be a little ?
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

What to do, mailbox is not an archivation tool. Please try to get to these numbers and test if the performance increased.
  •  
stephane.wierzbicki

I really do understand your point of view and I see performances increases on my own mailbox. But but how can I change my user's bad habits as a lot of them are working this way.

Worst, CTO and management people are using their mailboxes as an archiving tool !!! They don't want to change and they are complaining about the product performance. They are all telling me that Outlook was so smooth before the migration and so laggy todays... (Exchange 2003 to Kerio migration).

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2014 16:35]

Previous Topic: Mac Firewall accept incoming connections on restart
Next Topic: Kerio Connect memory usage on OSX
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:14:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.