Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot changer user data (Cannot change users phone number or )
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
I have a KC account where every time I change the user information it reverts back to the previous information in a few minutes. This is true whether I edit this information in Contacts or in the KC Webmail.

The information that can be edited in the KC Administrator page seems to stick. But I cannot access all of the information on this page.

It is very odd because I make the change, it updates on everyone's Contact book, and then changes back later.
  •  
pchernoff

KC 8.3.2 abut also earlier versions.
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Paul,

If you try and change information in the public contact that is not in the Web Admin then this will revert as the GAL service runs hourly and will overwrite any changes made. The only way to change things and for them to stick like you said is to do it through the WebAdmin. They other options is to disable the GAL.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
pchernoff

Hmm. This has never been a problem before, I update data from Address Book/Contacts for years with no problems. I have an administrator's account. Is this a change in 8.3?

And the WebAdmin page does not allow access to all of the data.
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Paul,

When making a change to the public contacts the GAL should always overwrite any changes made when it refreshes every hour. With Address Book on the Mac I have seen that you can make changes locally but they do not sync to the server.
You are quite right that not all the data is available to amend via the Web Admin so feel free to use the 'Suggest Idea' button in the WebAdmin to list this as a feature request.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
pchernoff

I need to do some more testing, but for years I have been editing contact information in Address Book/Contacts and it has been distributed with all users. In fact, the information that keeps reverting is information originally entered via Contacts, such as at the name of the person's supervisor and their phone number. I need to see if this problem is occurring to any other account.
  •  
TechTalent

Hi Vicki, you mentioned disabling the GAL to prevent this from happening. What is the best way to actually disable the GAL?
Previous Topic: Emails are stuck in my outbox - Outlook 2013
Next Topic: Android not syncing properly
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 11:55:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01010 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.