Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Change from global public folders to individual public folders and keep data
  •  
flobaer

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

I would like to change from "Global for all domains" to "Unique for each domain" but keep the existing public calendars an addressbooks in some domains. I found a tutorial* for the reverse and if I got it right, this is what I would do:

1. Going to the Admin Console->Configuration->Domains->Public Folders and select the option 'Unique for each domain'

2. Stop Kerio Connect

3. Copy the contents of the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/#public folder in every /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/<domain>/#public folder where <domain> is the domain which should use the existing data.

4. Start Kerio Connect

Is this the right way? What else do I have to take care about? Do I need to delete the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/#public folder after copying?

Thanks for your help and regards,
Florian

* kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configuration/how- to-change-from-individual-public-folders-to-global-public-fo lders-and-keep-your-existing-public-folder-data-720.html
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Florian

Switching public folders in this way does require you to move any data from the old #public to the new #public, so you are doing this correctly. the KB works both ways as well.

You can leave the data in the old #public as a copy if you wish, but you could consider deleting it if its not required. You will still have backups that contain this.

Hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Problem outlook sync
Next Topic: Mac Firewall accept incoming connections on restart
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 19:22:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.