Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exclude internal domain users from Auto Responder
  •  
Max Schulze

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

is it possible to disable the auto-responder for emails coming from the same domain?

E.g. if I have a user jeff@example.com who has is Vacation Responder Active and me max<_at_>example.com sends an email to him,
I do not want to receive his auto response.

Use Case: When some of our employees are on vacation we still CC them so when they get back from Vacation they can catch up. Now for every time I CC them I receive the vacation response.

An alternative option would be to just receive the vacation response once.

Thankful for any input.
  •  
Vicky Tripp

Send a private message to this user
Hi Max,

There is not a way to exclude the internal domain via the GUI. However you might be able to achieve this via the sieve script/language. If you navigate to the users folder on the server in the store directory there is a file in there called filter.siv. This file contains all filter rules and the vacation/out of office email settings. You can manually add more sieve coding to achieve what you want but you would be doing this at your own risk so please take a copy of the file before you try anything so that you can revert back if you need to.

This is a pretty good site to go to to check out what the sieve language can offer:

http://sieve.info/

By default the out of office email should only send out to a certain email address once every seven days. If this is not the case check the filter.siv and make sure that the vacation line is set to 7 (see example code below):

vacation :days 7

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Previous Topic: considering using SSD as primary mailstore
Next Topic: Connect 8.3.2 Issue: Inconsistent synchronization. The device has sent the invalid SyncKey
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 19:28:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.