Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailbox with multiple users - read/unread
  •  
uskrd

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we want to implement kerio connect into a small environment with about 6 Users.

At the time have two mailboxes, one "office" one "data".
"office" has three aliases "user1", "user2" and so on.
"data" has also three aliases "user4", ...
Everybody is connected with outlook via pop3 to the provider and downloads the
mails on his local store and writes from his aliasmail.

This system is from the past and is good for our workflow (two mailboxes). But in the past it wasn't
possible to see what a other user has sent. With kerio this would be possible.

Now i think the problem is if one user read a new incoming mail the others sees them
as "read" and maybe overlook that there is a new mail. Everybody should see all new mails.

Is there a way to solve this? I hope you understand what my need is.

// apropos: would this be 2 licenses (two mailboxes) or six (six user)?

Thank you and greetings from Austria,
Philipp

//maybe my grammar is not the best Razz
  •  
MarkK

If I understand what you are trying to do, you can use an Alias to have all of the "office" emails delivered in to its folder and all of the "data" emails delivered its folder. Users would then access those folders and they would see all new emails and which ones had been read versus unread already. I would think part of this method would be what mail client you are using to do this. Personally I would not think that POP3 is well suited for this type of work flow, since it is designed more for a manually or time-based check if there is new mail style of connections. Rather MAPI or IMAP or the webmail client would be better, since they are more always-connected methods of accessing emails.
  •  
uskrd

At the moment every pc-user has an alias to "office" or "data" so he downloads the mails from the provider. We want to change to kerio and connect via IMAP or MAPI. But I think the problem is the following. "office" is a shared mailbox and if user A reads a new incoming mail, the mail is marked read also for user B. What I want is a shared mailbox, but every user should read all mails and mark them as read.

I hope you understand what I want Wink Is this possible?
  •  
MarkK

You won't be able to do what you are wanting in s single shared mailbox. In one mailbox, once a mail is read it shows as being read regardless of who read it.

Off the top of my head, in Connect you could either setup a group email address or setup multiple Aliases for "Office" and "Data", and tie them to deliver to each individual user directly.

On the user end, they can either just get it in their Inbox, or setup a rule to deliver to a separate folder, or deliver directly to a public folder (which you can control who has / doesn't have access to).

So you will need deliver multiple copies of the single incoming message. That is going to be the only way to ensure that each user will be able to see which messages they have read regardless of what other users may or may not have read.
Previous Topic: Email archiving not working for aliases
Next Topic: Prevent aliases from being suggested
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 11:01:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00893 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.