Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Import Address Book?
  •  
dmartz

Send a private message to this user
Could the Kerio developers add a simple feature called "import address book" to the webmail?

Even if its as simple as providing a CVS file or even more basic, just some ability to import addresses is bulk qualities.

A basic feature like that would enable importing addresses from nearly ANY email client known today.
  •  
ezposseuk

Why dont you setup Outlook with the connector and import stuff in that route? As long as you run it in IMAP mode this will then end up in your webmail!
  •  
hinnerup

Your solution is only valid for users that actually HAVE Outlook... Those that use the webmail are very likely NOT to have Outlook ;-)

/Tobias
  •  
ezposseuk

Hi Tobais

I think I may not have explained myself properly! You only need one person - the administrator - to have a copy of outlook. This single copy can be used to upload/import csv/pst or other address books either into a public folder or into a personal folder that can then be shared with individual or groups of webmail users.

For example I have a group of webmail only users who wanted an old outlook address book available as a pubic folder. As the administrator I setup outlook with the outlook connector, created a public folder, assigned the correct permissions and imported the data. The next time the webmail users refreshed their session they had access to a new public address book. You could also do this for individual users (assuming you dont have to many otherwise could get labourious) - again the admin can create a shared contacts folder (not public) with person who wants and import to there. Said person can then copy items from the shared folder to their own contacts - all within webmail.

Basically you only need one copy of outlook!

Hope this is a little clearer!

Thanks

Ezposse
  •  
waltspar

If they do not have Outlook, then what are they importing from?

As the admini, you can do an inital import like ezposseuk suggested - you can drag and drop the enitire book or individual entries. It will be time consuing the first go around because you willhave to do each users import for them, but then the users can maintain it themselves.

•  
dmartz

waltspar wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 08:23

If they do not have Outlook, then what are they importing from?

We switched from ipswitch iMail which also had webmail. Many of our users were on webmail on the old system. It was simple to write a utility to extract the phonebook for each user, but proved useless on inserting into Kerio.

I ended up with a pack of unhappy users, cause all they got was an email with their old address book attached. They had to manually add each entry all over again.

iMap was great for transfering from one system to the next. Unfortunately it does not include calendar or phonebook entries... unless i missed something?
  •  
waltspar

Nope - your right on - the other stuff requires either an LDAP or MAPI setup which is really for the Outlook clients. As an admin you can still use a single copy of Outlook to import thier exported address books and put them in their webmail. I d o not know how many users you have or how much work your willing to do. It would be time consuming, but it is possible.
Previous Topic: auto-reply
Next Topic: Apple Open Directory !!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:35:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.