Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Mainline voicemail
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
After some help trying to setup extensions.

Currently we are two users which work from home. We would like to achieve the following.

1. When the main number ring all phones ring 2xSnom 710 an 2x iPhone soft phones.
2. If no one is available to answer any of the 4 phones after a set period say 30s the line will go to voicemail.
3. Both users should be notified of voicemail

This probably is not usually practice as you would have a main line and it would have a phone attached it to it with a receptions, answering and transferring calls. In our situation we don't have this as we are both out and about a lot.

At the moment we can get the main line to ring and then call all phones this is easy, but we can't see any way to have it time out for that call group and fallback to the mainlines voicemail.

Is there anyway to do this?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can use a ring group with a fallback to voicemail's direct access number. The default prefix for direct voicemail access is 7, so you can dial 712 to leave a message for extension 12.
  •  
skeates

Thanks that seems to work although the voice mail is then going to a single user and only a single user is being notified of the voicemail.

I created a separate office account and set it's email address as a Kerio Connect mailing list so any user on that mailing list would be notified of any voicemail left.

Problem is the voicemail for the office user is not active and I assume this is because no phone is registered against there account?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What you mean by "voicemail is not active"? That it is not possible to leave a message?
Or that it is not possible to access the messages via the voice interface?
  •  
skeates

So I created a new user as well as an extension, but have not provisioned a phone for them (as I don't have one for this account).

The account is called Office and I created and extension 10 which is assigned to the user office. At this point if I dial the extension 10 I would expect to get a voice mail box as the users exists, but there is no phone online, but the call just ends.

If I dail 710 to access the voicemail box I get the same issue the call just ends.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I have just tested the scenario and it works for me. No phone needs to be registered for the extension.

Do you have voicemail enabled for the given user (tab "General" in the user edit dialog). What are your Ringing rules for the user?
  •  
skeates

See attached screen shot. All the settings are the same for my other accounts which appear to be working without any issues.
./fa/3593/0/

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Could you e-mail your support information file to me at vtoncar at kerio dot com?

You can download the file from the System Health screen in the Admin GUI.
Previous Topic: Change Voicemail-Greeting
Next Topic: Changing Usernames in Active Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 22:25:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00960 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.