Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Default outgoing caller ID
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Is there anywhere I can set a default outgoing caller ID for all lines?

I would like the default caller ID to be sent with outgoing calls UNLESS an override caller ID has been entered in Edit Extension > Advanced .

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The current behavior is as follows:
* the extensions that have an external number mapped to them, use the same external number when calling out
* all other extensions are mapped to the first external number on the interface
  •  
fishtech

Thanks.

We just cut over to a fiber internet connection and our provider adjusted our PRI settings.

Originally we were following the default behavior.

But now extensions that have an external number mapped to them call out showing caller ID as the last 4 digits of the mapped number, not the whole number.

My preferred behavior is:

• most outgoing calls show our main switchboard number as caller ID.

• selected lines that have overrides set in Edit Extension > Advanced would display the DID number mapped to the extension.

Is this something I need to take up with my provider?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
mjackson

"I would like the default caller ID to be sent with outgoing calls UNLESS an override caller ID has been entered in Edit Extension > Advanced."

It works pretty much the reverse of this, but it does work. I have it setup now. All of our calls out, regardless of ext or DID, sends our main number and caller ID. I have set the override for each extension as our main number.

Hope this helps.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2014 18:30]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Have you tried configuring the outbound number rewriting rules to strip all digits of the calling number add a complete DID number to the prefix field? I haven't tried it, but it may actually work.
Previous Topic: Changing Usernames in Active Directory
Next Topic: Digium phone support?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:45:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.