Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook, IMAP and archive folders
  •  
mkerr

Send a private message to this user
I have more problems with the latest implementation of 'Archive Folders' in KMS6.0.1.

We are currently archiving on a monthly basis, such that we have folders for each month now in the format 2004-Jun, 2004-Jul, 2004-Aug etc. There is an option to compress old archive folders in the Admin console but here is the dopey part;

If you enable this option, the old archive folders are tar'ed and then gzipped. If you disable this option, the old archive folders are only tar'ed.

How dumb is that? I would have thought that turning this off would leave the old archive folders as is.

I found this out today after I had manually decompressed some of the old backups yesterday, and then found today they had been recompressed.

This has an unfortunate side effect in Outlook when they are used in conjunction with IMAP. Now that the (subscribed) folders for the old backups had disappeared, Outlook treats this as an unsubscribe, and sends hundreds of 'Deleted without being read' messages.

Despite me having all the receipt options disabled in Outlook, it still persists in sending these 'Deleted without being read' messages. Is this a bug in Outlook or is there a way to disable this?
Previous Topic: KOC and internet headers
Next Topic: SSL certificates (authority chains)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:47:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.