Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SPAM Detect - Reject (Different SPAM rating for same message.)
  •  
dbaker@fumcesc.com

Send a private message to this user
We have one user that gets a lot of SPAM that is being detected but not rejected due to its score. The same message has been sent to 5 users. For 4 users the score is high enough that the message is rejected. For the 5th user the score is only high enough to have it detected.

> What should I be looking for?
> Is the "learning" done on a global (server or domain wide) basis or for each individual user?
> Are the "detect" and "reject" thresholds global (server or domain wide) or for each individual user? It the latter where do I set it?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

dbaker<_at_>fumcesc.com wrote on Fri, 19 September 2014 15:43

> What should I be looking for?

Email headers in email message source.
  •  
MarkK

I have had this exact same thing before. The issue was that the low-score spams were actually sent through a different mail server than the high-score spams. As Pavel said, you need to compare the mail headers to see the actual path of the email.
  •  
dbaker@fumcesc.com

We only have one mail server. Have looked a email header for the "detected" email. Would like to see the header in the "rejected" email. Is there a way?

The "detected" emails all went to specific email addresses on the server. The "rejected" email was to a mail group that had only a single member.
  •  
MarkK

I wasn't referring to your email server, I was referring to the sending or intermediate email server. For example, the exact same email sent from Server A is detected because it is known to send spam, but the not-detect email sent from Server B goes through because that email server is not on any black lists yet.
  •  
dbaker@fumcesc.com

Thank you. Sorry that I didn't understand. I will look at how the email was routed from the sender to our server.
Previous Topic: Prevent aliases from being suggested
Next Topic: Multiple email accounts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:08:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.