Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Prefix internal/ext calls
  •  
mjackson

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to Prefix/Display different if a call is internal or dialed via 3 digits. Currently we have some calls that by the caller ID it is hard to tell if it is internal call or external. I see there are some using rings to handle this but if that setting cannot be handled global it is out of the question for me. I have a good number of extension/phones.

A great solution would be to allow me to Prefix all internal caller ID/display names with "-" or something like that. I pulled the names and extension from AD, so they are locked in. Regardless, if I was to changed that and say just add "-" to everyone's names I believe the call by name would no longer work.

I would also be ok with the same type of setup only for external calls. Say all calls coming in from eternal sources have a display prefix of "E".

Any suggestions.

Thanks
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I'm afraid it is not possible to change the text part of a Caller ID for external calls. Only ring groups and call queues allow you to modify it. Don't your phones display the phone number together with the Caller ID? If not, it should be possible to configure them to do so.

Distinctive ringing as well as the above idea should be possible to be configured on all phones using template overrides.

Best
Filip
  •  
mjackson

That would be the problem, no we do not see the number just a name. Suggestions on what to change/look for for this setting.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Phone type/brand?
  •  
mjackson

•  
mjackson

I found it. Is this a setting I can make global via template?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Yes, this is what template overrides are designed for. What is the option name?
  •  
mjackson

I think the setting I am after is:
display_method!: display_name_number

I have never had much luck with the overrides and where in the string to place it. If I can get this to work I have 4-5 other options I would like to add.

So are all the settings listed in the config.cfg options for override?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Open the "Snom 3xx,7xx,8xx,MP main configuration file" template in template overrides and place the option almost anywhere in the file (beginning or end should work just fine). Also don't forget to remove the exclamation sign.
For example:
<html>
<pre>
display_method: display_name_number
ntp_server: {$NTP_PRIMARY}

If you had already modified the option over the phone's web interface, you will most likely have to factory reset it. Otherwise the phone will continue to use the last configured value.
  •  
mjackson

Thanks. Works just as you stated.
Previous Topic: escape from (voicemail with login prompt) back to operator (0)
Next Topic: Call Waiting Indication: On
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Mar 25 16:37:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01156 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.