Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows Phone 8.1 and public/shared contacts
  •  
mj

Send a private message to this user
I'm testing a Windows Phone 8.1 device with Kerio Connect 8.3.0 and am having trouble with contacts. It's an ActiveSync Exchange Account that I'm using to synchronize my data between Kerio and my phone and everthing except for contacts works brilliantly. My personal contacts work just fine as well, no problems there. Public and shared contacts, however, are not downloaded onto the device. Interestingly enough public and shared calenders do seem to work just fine. I can search through the contacts directory manually but that's not an option - if someone, whose contact information is present in a public or shared contacts folder, calls me I don't see his or her contact information but rather just the phone number.

Is there a way out of this dilemma? It's worked flawlessly with my iPhone but this is kind of a deal breaker. I've tried the CardDAV workaround by adding an iCloud account but it doesn't synchronize with Kerio Connect. There also seems to be only a single CardDAV application in the Windows Marketplace named "CardDAV" but that one also doesn't work - says it can't connect to the remote server.

Is this a bug on Kerio's or Microsoft's side of the implementation of ActiveSync Exchange? Did anyone manage to get this working with Windows Phone 8.1?
  •  
lunddal

No, it's not working for me either.

It would be great to know if it's a Windows Phone limitation or a Kerio limitation.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is the limitation of Windows Phone client.
However, GAL lookup is working there so you can find the public contact email via GAL.
  •  
lunddal

I know, but we want to be able to see who's calling.
  •  
lunddal

Ah, found a solution.

On the phone you create an iCloud account and enter your regular (Kerio provided) mail address and password.

In the Advanced settings > Contacts server (CardDAV) enter mail.server.com/carddav/users/domain.com/.public/
  •  
mj

I've tried that but it doesn't seem to work for me. It might be a firewall issue though, not sure which ports Kerio uses for CardDAV, might be 8443 which isn't forwarded in our firewall. I'll do some more testing and let you know.
  •  
mj

It's not the port, I've checked the firewall log and see connections on port 443 from my phone. Still, it's not working. I've put in exactly what you've described above and it's not working, Windows Phone says my account needs attention and it was unable to download and update. Funnily enough I can't find my phone's connection attempts anywhere in the Kerio logs.

lundal, are you on Windows Phone 8.1 or 8.0? What phone are you using? Maybe it's a software issue?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 October 2014 12:35]

•  
lunddal

It's 8.1 on Lumia 520 and 530.
  •  
mj

Ok, somehow it's working now. I had to download our SSL certificate in Internet Explorer first, after that I suddenly started showing up in the security log with failed login attempts (I intentionally changed the password in order to make some sort of noise on the server). Changed the password to the correct one, manually initiated the sync and I now have the entire address book available on my phone Smile

Thank you lunddal for your help.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files
Next Topic: Warm Spare / rsync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 16:40:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01228 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.