Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need info about Backup / Archive Folder
  •  
kconception

Send a private message to this user
Hello All

Need some help find this info.

Is there any docs about the Backup process, detailing what should be in the Backup and Archive Folders? I don't know the system well and trying to get a handle on what was setup here before me.

What I need to know is, what should be in the Backup and Archive folders (which are two separate folder which I'm guessing is ok.)

I see zip files in both and a folder of the current month in the Archive.

The Backup folder is unclear; how far back should the files go?

How are this folders linked?

Can I disable the Archive folder and only have a Backup folder or does Kerio archive the Backup folder every month.

If there is a link for this that would be great.

Thank You
Keith
  •  
Machete

Here's a link to the entire KB section on Archiving and Backup:

http://kb.kerio.com/category/kerio-connect/server-configurat ion/archiving-and-backup/

Depending on your industry/company - I'd leave the Archive on because in my opinion, if a user deletes a message after receipt, it's could be gone for good after the Full Backup it's included in is deleted.

For example I keep 5 full weekly backups. If after 6 weeks that message comes into question, the only way I can find it is the Archive.

I use the Back-up for disaster recovery and Archive for legal-type purposes.
  •  
kconception

Previous Topic: Webmail can't receive my email.
Next Topic: Upgrading KC 8.1 to KC 8.3 - Apple Specific Questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 18:51:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.