Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Secondary Backup Mail Server (Backup Mail Server)
  •  
abbas4bemu

Send a private message to this user
Hi Mates

Currently i am using Postfix in Centos and physical Server is located inside my company i want to install Kerio Connect on cloud as a secondary as backup additional server.
If Primary postfix goes down then without any changes transfer to Secondary.
IS it possible ? if yes then can you please tell me how to do configuration ?

Thanks
Ababs
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello Ababs,

You could setup the Kerio Connect server with no users; then in Webadmin->Configuration->Domains->[your domain]->Forwarding you can tick the option for "If the recipient was not found in this domain, forward the message to another host" and enter the details of your Postfix server.

Then you just need to set the MX records to have the Kerio Server as the backup.

You might like to look at ETRN as an option for mail to be collected by the Postfix server from the Kerio server, if the Postfix server supports it.

I hope this helps.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
TheMilkMen

I use ETRN and second kerio server and it's quite effective.

•  
jelockwood

Be aware that SPF (Sender Policy Framework) can get upset by relaying mail via a secondary MX server.

Normally mail goes -

sender domain-A --> server domain-A --> server domain-B --> recipient domain-B

If an email goes via a secondary MX server then the sequence would be -

sender domain-A --> server domain-A --> secondary MX domain-B --> server domain-B --> recipient domain-B

The problem I encountered is that while the secondary MX was authorised for SPF for sending from domain-B it was obviously not possible to authorise it to be a sending server for all other domains i.e. in this case domain-A therefore when the SPF policy was enforced on my receiving server for domain-B it said hang on this secondary MS server is not authorised for sending emails from domain-A therefore this email must be a fake and I must reject it.

This seems to be a catch-22 for SPF, any one any suggests?
Previous Topic: Connecting from Windows Mail app
Next Topic: block mails without subject
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 00:38:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.