Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect Account Assistant - stuck (Stuck on "Checking running applications")
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
On a 10.9.4 client system, connected to a 8.3.2 server, I'm attempting to run the Kerio Connect Account Assistant. I'm configuring all the apps except Outlook 2011.
The process is stuck on "Checking running applications."

If it matters, Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders are not running.

The last lines of the installer log are:

Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: 2014-10-07 13:58:53,243 - INFO - SummaryView.py:162 checkRunningApps() - Running applications check started.
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: Exception in thread Thread-2:
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: Traceback (most recent call last):
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "threading.pyc", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "SummaryConfigurator.pyc", line 64, in run
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "SummaryConfigurator.pyc", line 426, in configureProcess
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "SummaryConfigurator.pyc", line 54, in checkRunningApps
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "SummaryView.pyc", line 169, in checkRunningApps
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "processing/common/System.pyc", line 109, in isRunningByID
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "objc/_convenience.pyc", line 188, in __getitem__objectForKey_
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: File "objc/_convenience.pyc", line 654, in container_unwrap
Oct 7 13:58:53 It-xxxxx.local installd[13894]: ./preflight: KeyError: 'NSApplicationBundleIdentifier'

I'm okay with manual setup for me, but wanted to try out the account assistant as we just upgraded to 8.3.2 and will have several other clients to configure in the near future.

Thanks for any thoughts or tips.
-Lyle
  •  
Lyle M

Yeah, hard to imagine... After rebooting, the Account Assistant was able to complete the setup.
I feel like such a "user." Razz
  •  
Lyle M

I feel like I should add a followup here.
After running the Account Assistant, Mail.app was configured as an Exchange type account. Mail would begin downloading (of which I have a very large quantity). Somewhere along the line, the inbox would go blank and no more mail would download for the account. I deleted the account and tried the account assist a few more times with similar results.

I then removed the Exchange account and added "Mail" to the IMAP account that was created for Notes. Magically, Mail would get unchecked and the Exchange account reappeared! Really odd.

I quit mail, deleted the Exchange and IMAP accounts from system preferences, and deleted the com.apple.mail folder from ~/Library/Containers/.
I manually created a new IMAP account and all my mail was able to download. At this point, I thought I had the issue resolved. I was wrong.

I always use the "classic view" for my mail in Mail.app. I set that, set my columns, added a move icon to the toolbar. However, every time I relaunched Mail.app, those settings vanished. Starting to sound like a permissions issue to me. Long story made slightly less long...

https://gist.github.com/sepehr/8203619

{ sudo chflags -R nouchg,nouappnd ~ $TMPDIR.. ; sudo chown -R $UID:staff ~ $_ ; sudo chmod -R u+rwX ~ $_ ; chmod -R -N ~ $_ ; } 2> /dev/null

Log into the affected user (who must be an admin for this to run), and run the above command to reset permissions and ACLs for the entire home folder. Although I have yet to again try the account assistant, this did fix all my Mail.app preference saving problems. I am inclined to believe the account assistant would work if I ran it again. I'll post back if I do that.

Couple other notes:
I did update to 10.9.5.
Since my boot drive is an SSD, my home folder is on a separate conventional drive. My best guess is that I neglected to use cp -p when I recently copied my home folder to this new system.

Cheers.
Previous Topic: activesync on LG VS840 not working
Next Topic: Restore from Backup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 18:11:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.