Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Updating Kerio Global Address List
  •  
lelandbay

Send a private message to this user
About 6 months ago I setup an account with access to edit the global address list from the webmail client. The person I had edited it wanted to add fax numbers to contacts, however their is no field for fax numbers. Instead she added a second Work Phone number to each contact that contains the text "FAX: xxx-xxx-xxxx". When I go into the same webmail account and remove it, it reappears about half an hour later (when I assume the server refreshed the GAL). I added this account to an instance of outlook and changed it in there too. Unfortunately, it come back a while later too.

I also have some contacts that have an email address as the second web address. I'm not sure if this individual did this at the same time, but I can't change those either.

I tried editing it while the contact is associated with a company location on the server, and when there's non associated. Both ways it exhibited the same behavior.

Help! How can I get rid of these crazy entries!
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello,

We're aware of this being an issue with Kerio Connect, and are working on a fix.

As a workaround, I would suggest that you create, edit and delete any GAL entries through the Webadmin interface.

That should work.

I hope this helps.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
lelandbay

Thanks for the information.

I'm unable to use your workaround though. Does the contact need to not have the Company Location associated with it in the server when you make the change? Everything I do outside the server admin page reverts back to what it was before the change.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect with MS Security Essentials
Next Topic: Windows Phone 8.1 and public/shared contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 02:25:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.