Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » activesync on LG VS840 not working
  •  
nixIT

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

I've been trying to set up exchange activesync on an employees LG Lucid vs840 smartphone running Android 4.04.

I followed these steps from Verizonwireless (her provider):
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_bas e.html/56052/

I even followed this KB article:
http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/mobi le-devices/synchronizing-data-with-mobile-devices-1441.html

I tried the link to the supported devices, but couldn't find the correct section for android phones.

No matter what I try, I can't get the account set up. I keep receiving "unable to connect to server" "invalid username/password" error messages.

I have successfully set up this user on my droid Razr with no problem. I then tried my credentials on her phone and still no dice.

Tried rebooting phone, checking for software updates, nothing seems to work.

I'm beginning to wonder if MS Activesync even works on this phone. Does Kerio Connect support this phone? I can view the webmail login, and even connect to webmail from the phone.

Does anyone have any experience with this phone?

--nixIT

[Updated on: Thu, 09 October 2014 20:48]

•  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Hi Kevin,
Connect's error.log as well as debug.log with enabled ActiveSync messages are needed to find out where's the problem.
If you find message the device is not supported in debug.log, enable all mobile devices by setting value "1" for variable AllowUnsupportedDevices in MobileSync table within mailserver.cfg. Please note, Connect must be turned off before any modification of its configuration.
  •  
nixIT

@Petr,

What would I be looking for? I see where the phone attempts to connect, but that's about it. Is there a way I can send you the partial log for you to look at?

I do see a couple of these lines:

{activesync} ActiveSyncKeyDatabase::Load: Unable to open synckeydb for user '<user<_at_>domainname.com>'

though, nothing like what I see when my phone connects.

--nixIT

[Updated on: Fri, 10 October 2014 17:10]

•  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Kevin,
Please enable "HTTP Server Modules/ActiveSync Synchronization" and "Services HTTP Server" in debug log.
Then try to connect your device.
Finally PM me portion of debug.log, error.log and warning.log from that time.
I'll check it out.
(Note I presume you have current Connect (8.3.2).)

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2014 17:50]

•  
nixIT

Petr,

I already have those options turned on. I will need to get with the end user when she gets back to the office to try and get her phone connected. Yes, we are running 8.3.2.

--nixIT
Previous Topic: IMAP timeout Apple Mail / Thunderbird
Next Topic: Connect Account Assistant - stuck
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 11:41:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.