Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connecting from Windows Mail app (Connecting from Windows Mail ap)
  •  
wriedmann

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have configured a test version of Kerio Connect in a separate network as test because I need an Exchange replacement for a few customers.
Unfortunately, I cannot connect from my test machine with Windows Mail, neither when configured as Exchange/ActiveSync, neither when configured as IMAP server. In both configurations, there was a warning of not correct certifcates (I expected these), but then there were errors about incorrect username/passwort.
I have disabled also the Windows firewall to make sure that this is not a problem.

Strange enough, for the same user it needed several tries to be able to connect to webmail. It is possible that Kerio needs a restart when a user is deleted and then recreated?

Another question: the Windows firewall needs to be configured manually?

TIA

Wolfgang

P.S. the server is Windows 7 64 Bit, and Kerio is installed on c:\tools\kerio. The client is a Windows 10 technical preview that connects flawlessy also to my Exchange server
  •  
wriedmann

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

it seems that my installation of Kerio Connect has serious password troubles.

Most of the time I'm not able to connect via Webmail - and sometimes it works, on about 20 times it works one time.

I have tried to change the password in the admin interface, but it does not change anything.

I must admit, that my test installation has two domains: faked.net and labor.faked.net. First I have created the user labor in the labor.faked.net domain and tried to add a faked.net address. Since this was not possible, I have deleted the user labor in the labor.faked.net domain and added it in the faked.net domain.

Could it be that Kerio is keeping the deleted user somewhere and has therefore the password troubles?

Wolfgang

P.S. I must admit I have only 25 years of experience in mail server configurations, so maybe I'm making very stupid errors.
Previous Topic: Win8.1 with MS Office 2007 - crash at startup
Next Topic: Secondary Backup Mail Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 08:47:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.