Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Provisioning templates
  •  
Chivs

Send a private message to this user
I'm wanting to create a new provisioning template and according to the docs, the location for the files is in var/tftp. However I wanted to base my template off an existing one, yet I can't find them anywhere in the file structure (after ssh'ing into the server). My var/tftp directory is empty.

Thanks
  •  
Chivs

Yes, however I'm wanting to create a new template for a Cisco 8861. It auto-provisions as a 7900 series, but is obviously missing many features. I wanted to reference the 7900 series template.
  •  
Chivs

Per my message above, could you let me know where the default templates are stored on the server so I can use the 7900 template as a starting point.

Thanks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it is a little bit more complicated then that. I believe you have two options.

Use template overrides to modify the template.
I think it is the easiest solution. See http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/phone-provisionin g/editing-provisioning-templates-1532.html on how to modify the template.

Read the Provisioning Developer Doc (ZIP) http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kerio-operator-provisioning-do cs.zip to understand the syntax and variables that can be used inside template overrides. The most useful information to understand is that lines starting with '<_at_>' contain regular php code.

So, you can modify the Cisco template this way:
@ if ($MAC === '001122334455') {
/// Your new template contents
@ } else {
/// The former Operator template
<device>
</device>
@}

I suppose you won't be able to autodetect the phone type from within the template. You will have to use $MAC or $IP to decide which configuration to use. The condition can also be written as:
@if (in_array($MAC, array("001122334455", "112233445566")) {

Create your own provisioning module based on the Operators module.
1. Use scp to copy the whole directory /opt/kerio/operator/lib/provisioning/modules/11/ to your computer. Log out, the rest is done on your end.
2. Erase files OFFICIAL, SIGNED.
3. Edit file info and change uuid to something random.
4. Modify the module the way you want.
5. Zip everything and upload it to Operator -> Phones -> Advanced -> Provisioning Modules. Click the upload button while holding the shift key.
6. Disable the original Cisco module.
7. Test it.

Again, read the Provisioning Developer Doc (ZIP) http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kerio-operator-provisioning-do cs.zip to understand how modules work.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 October 2014 13:00]

Previous Topic: Outgoing Identity Caller ID Problem
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.3.3 Patch 1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 05:12:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.