Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Snom 870 Auto-Provision Virtual Keys
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everybody,

perhaps I'm just not understanding how to do this, but I want to auto-provision the Virtual Keys for my Snom 870. It appears that this can only be done using XML as per the snom wiki. Can somebody tell me if this is possible?

http://wiki.snom.com/Features/Mass_Deployment/Setting_Files/ XML/Function_Keys#Syntax

•  
fishtech

Yes, it's possible.

Easiest way is to configure a phone how you want then copy/paste the relevant button settings from Status > Settings into your templates override file in Operator.

I think there are 2 lines required fro each button; a description and a function.

As an example...

#Call Accounts Dept
fkey_label0$: Accounts
fkey0$: blf <sip:519<_at_>192.168.0.10>

#Page to all
fkey_label14$: Page All
fkey14$: icom sip:620<_at_>192.168.0.10;user=phone

I believe the $ symbol after the key name and number makes it changeable by the client.

I think you can define keys not to be changeable by replacing $ with #... you should double-check this.

I just tried to google this behavior for you but can't find it at Snom right now.

Snom 870 has been EOL'd... perhaps that is why I cannot find the info?

hth,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Here it is: http://wiki.snom.com/Category:Auto_Provisioning:Configuratio n_Files

Quote:

Parameter names can be followed by one specific character called flag:

A parameter followed by ! can be changed by the user. However the parameter value will only be stored if that parameter has not been configured yet. Only parameters followed by $ can be overwritten, DO NOT use ! in that case.
A parameter followed by & (or no flag) becomes write-protected (read only)
A parameter followed by $ can be changed but will be overwritten on reboot. $ will appear on the Settings page as ! (available from firmware version 4.2 onwards)
  •  
88fingerslukee

FISHTECH! YES! You're the best!! Especially about the part where I can copy from the settings page! What a time saver.
  •  
fishtech

No problem.

Make sure you are familiar with the permissions as highlighted by Filip above.

I recommend you do a little testing on 1 or 2 phones first.

I had problems pushing out read-only buttons that users were subsequently unable to change - I had not intended that and needed to revert.

Cheers,

ft.

•  
88fingerslukee

Yeah, I just figured that all out now. I needed to add $ for mine to alter the originally, manually entered assignments.

Sucks that the 870 is EOL'd. I have 15 of them at my two offices.
Previous Topic: e-mail notifications when an interface changes its state
Next Topic: Outgoing Identity Caller ID Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 22:42:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00882 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.