Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Yosemite - shared calendars default to "Calendar" in Apple Calendar
  •  
chrisk7

Send a private message to this user
We have Shared Calendars set up for our employees, who all use Macs and Calendar.

Updated to Yosemite on one client yesterday for testing, and shared calendars that were set up now show up as simply "Calendar" on the sidebar. Prior to the update, the default calendar for that person would automatically come up showing the person's name, or whatever the name of that account was.

So instead of:

Wade Wilson
John Constantine
David Banner

It now shows:

Calendar
Calendar
Calendar

It's possible to change it on your own, but you have to Get Info to find out which one you're looking at, rename it and then save it. Most of our users have about 20-30 shared calendars, so when we eventually move them over to Yosemite they'll each have to go in and do that for each calendar.

It would be preferable to go back to having the names show up for the default calendars. I assume there's no way to control this behavior server-side, but if so I'd like to hear it.

This was initially done while Connect was at 8.3.1, but I later updated to 8.3.3 and there was no change.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2014 17:01]

•  
sfpete

Confirm we are seeing the same behavior as well.

•  
chrisk7

Obviously not a Kerio specific issue, but maybe the next update can accommodate whatever has changed. A change in the CalDav implementation maybe?

- Just checked in Outlook where same account is obviously set up as Exchange and shared calendars come up normally with the full name. So seems to be Calendar/CalDav specific.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2014 22:00]

•  
lodewijk

Seeing the same on our test machine (my laptop) after upgrading to 10.10 Yosemite.
We have not tried re-setting up the account via the config tool yet tho.

As a work around, it does seem possible to rename the subscribed calendar in Apple Calendar!
and this even syncs to our test (my) iPhone (setup via profile)!

[Updated on: Mon, 20 October 2014 21:42]

•  
PWLJim

Same here. Problem for our folks is that they have a lot of these calendars listed in the sidebar. Going through to figure our whose they are and naming them will make them cranky..... Any feedback from the Kerio people? Is there a good workaround to "fix" this easily, or is there a server side fix planned?

Any word would help - Thanks a ton!
  •  
Jakub Schwarzmeier, Kerio

I can confirm that this is an interoperability issue between Apple Calendar on OS X Yosemite and Kerio Connect. Other Apple Calendar versions are not affected.

As we can influence this Calendar behavior on the server side, we will fix the issue in some of the upcoming Kerio Connect releases.
  •  
chrisk7

Thanks for the update.
  •  
PWLJim

Hi - Any update if this will be resolved in 8.4? Thanks!!!
  •  
sfpete

Yes, in the Kerio Connect Beta 8.4.0 Release Candidate notes, it states:

- Fixed issues with shared calendars names in Apple Calendar on Yosemite.
Previous Topic: 8.3.2 mesages unread status
Next Topic: Android Tablet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 18:36:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01167 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.